Being mad & confessing that I know it

Caroline's POV

I walked away to my room and I just wanted to tell of how pissed off I was right now. I can't believe he tried to use compulsion on me, to make me forget that we confessed each other what we felt. How could he? Thank God I was using vervain...

I fake I wasn't on vervain because I couldn't take another fight with him. If he doesn't want to try to be in a relationship with really commitments then fine by me... I am not going to be that ex-girlfriend who just runs over to him until he accepts her back.

I decided to just go to bed and sleep but I wasn't capable of sleeping, I was too mad and upset with Klaus to sleep.

"Caroline..." I heard Klaus when he opened the door of my room, I was with my eyes closed and faked that I was sleeping so I would discuss with him.

"Are you awake?" He asked and I didn't answer and stayed in the same spot, with my eyes closed.

"It's actually good you are asleep because I wanted to apologize for what I did. I shouldn't had use compulsion on you but I couldn't let you get out knowing how I feel about you. I love you so much that I choose to put your safety first." He said while brushing my hair and then he kissed my cheek.

He was so sweet that was making hard for me to continue being upset with him... I suddenly felt him getting up and after a few seconds, felt him again in my bed but instead of being seat, he was laying down, facing my back and start pull me to be closer to him, with his hand on my belly.

"I love you so much, Caroline Forbes." He whispered to himself, making me smile.

I waited a few minutes until he fell asleep and then move to be closer to him and took his hand, interlacing our fingers and making his hand move from my waist to my belly, just enjoying his warm embrace.

***

I woke up and didn't saw Klaus, I don't even know why I was so surprised for Klaus leaving me alone in the middle of the night without saying a thing.

I decided to take a quick shower and change clothes, then I went to the kitchen where was Klaus drinking a blood bag, I just gave him a nod and then prepare myself cereals.

"Don't you want a blood bag? There's B+." He said.

"Like if you care..." I said because was still mad that he had try to compelled me.

"Fair enough... Was just trying to be nice."

"Don't bother." I said.

"We might not be in the best terms but you don't need to act like that."

"I'm sorry. It's hard for me to be nice to people who are jerks to me... I'm not that evolved." I said. "And you are own of the biggest if not the biggest jerk who ever lived."

In a blink I was in his room with the door closed so anyone could hear us, he was grabbing my arm and quickly release me, I just crossed my arms and looked at him.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to stop acting like that. Or people will notice something happened..."

"Oh, don't worry you just compel them." I said and then realize it what I had said.

"What?"

"Just forget it. I'll try to be nicer." I said.

"Is there something that I am not getting?"

"No... Now, before I go answer me this. If you don't care about me, why did you stop being with me and just didn't used me for sex?"

"Because I don't use woman to have sex."

"So you cared about me when we were together." I said and he was trying to answer but couldn't. "Tell me, why."

"Why what?"

"Why did you tried use compulsion on me to forget what you told me? Why do you broke up with me even if you admit that you love me?"

"You were on vervain..." He said to himself and I just looked at him, then looked at me and said "It was for the best and we both know we are too different to make it work."

"Please don't do this... I told you I didn't intend to leave you, why are you pushing me away?"

"Because I love you and I want the best for you. I'm not the best for you, I'm the one who is going to put you in danger all the time and I can't live with myself knowing that you're in danger." He said.

"I can take care of myself and you have no right of use compulsion to try to mess with my head." I said then asked "Are you that scared of being happy that you try to ruin what can makes you happy?"

"Love is a vampire's greatest weakness." He said.

"But also can be his greatest strength. Depends if the love is mutual or not and we love each other... Now it's my turn to say it. Give us a chance. You told me that you intended to be my last love, was just something without meaning? Because I took that very seriously. I love you and I wanted you to be my last love." I told him and he kissed me.

"How can I know that I'm not just being selfish?" He asked when broke the kiss.

"It's fine to be selfish once in awhile... It's only human. And we being together doesn't make just you happy but also makes me happy. So you are thinking also in my happiness..." I said and he smirked then we kissed passionately.