Giving Time

Klaus's POV

"I still need to figure out some stuff, Klaus."

"Wait. Are you saying that we are still broken up?" I asked.

"No. I don't really know. I just... I can't be with you, nor anyone for that matter, if I feel like this. I can't be like those girls who need a guy to feel good about themselves. I was like that before and I hated it. I hated myself and was a bitch to everyone."

"You were never like that." I said because I always saw she putting everyone's happiness above her own.

"I was when I was human. I was the bitch selfish girl from high school. I could never be alone, every guy just used me for sex and I acted like it was okay. I need some time to get back to my old self. You don't love this girl, the Caroline you love is completely different."

"I know that you have flaws, love. I always knew. I love everything about you, your loving, kind side and your bossy, judgy side."

"But I don't. I hate this part of me. I hate how insecure I am, I hate how vulnerable I am, I hate this part of myself. When I turn, I promised myself I wouldn't be like this anymore. I hated that part of me and took me awhile to stop being that insecure little girl who couldn't take care of herself." She said.

"So... where does that leave us?" I asked.

"I don't know." She said. "I need time."

"Alright. I respect that." I said even if I felt like someone just had ripped my heart out. "If you want, you can go on a trip with some friends and when you feel like you are back to yourself, you get back and we talk better."

"Alright." She said and gave me a weak smile. "Thank you for being so understanding."

No One's POV

The next day, Caroline left the Quarter with Ansel and Bonnie, the other members of the pack wanted to come too and be with Caroline, helping her, but Caroline didn't let them because she knew they were in a good place and that was hard to be when you are in the supernatural world.

Ansel, Caroline and Bonnie went to Key West, it was Bonnie's choice because she thought that a place with beaches and sun and things that Caroline used to love but now was indifferent.

Ansel come not just because Niklaus asked him to, but also because Ansel was afraid of leaving Caroline alone. Ansel was one of the few people who she actually talked about her feelings and fears, making them be really closed. Ansel knew that she needed him and he wasn't going to let her down. Bonnie come with her because she needed to be sure that her old friend was alright and she was the one who Caroline talked to when they were both human.

Klaus called Ansel everyday to know how was Caroline, but he didn't called her because he wanted to respect Caroline, even if it was killing him.

While Caroline, Ansel and Bonnie were in their trip, Klaus was in New Orleans, trying to find things to make him busy but nothing made him take his mind of Caroline. Hope and his siblings, tried to talk with him but he didn't open up.

During the time that Ansel's pack lived in the Quarter, Hope started to care about Caroline but this situation made Hope wonder if Caroline was the nice girl she thought or not. Hope always saw Caroline as the girl who people can count on but seeing her father so vulnerable and depress because of her, made her question if Caroline was actually that good person she seemed to be.

After almost a month, Caroline decided that was time to go back. She stopped feeling like shit and even if she was still insecure, it was less than before. She was now feeling more like her old self. During her time out of New Orleans, she tried to focus on having time with herself and find a way to handle with everything she been through.

When they got back to the Quarter, Natalie run over to Ansel, Kol to Bonnie and Klaus just looked at Caroline, without knowing what to do or say.

"Can we talk?" Caroline asked.

"Sure. Let's go to my office." Klaus said so they could talk in private and then she followed him to the office.