Ansel's Birthday

Caroline's POV

I woke up and after getting ready, I went to the kitchen and saw Ansel talking with Klaus.

"Good morning!" I said with a big smile making Ansel and Klaus looked at me.

"Hello, love!" Klaus said with a smirk showing his cute dimples.

"Why are you with that smile? That smile is the type I have a surprise smile." Ansel said suspicious.

"I love how well you know me..." I said, get out of the kitchen to pick the present I had in the other room and come back, they both looked at me surprised.

"Happy Birthday!!!!" I said smiling.

"Is your birthday?" Klaus asked awkwardly.

"Yes, but I don't tell anyone."

"However you did tell me once when you got drunk. You spill everything when you are drunk..." Caroline remembered me and I nodded while remembering that day, then she looked at me and the box between us. "Are you going to open it or what?"

"You didn't have to go to the trouble..."

"Wasn't any trouble and I think you will like it." I said cutting him off and when he opened the gift his eyes sparkled.

"I can't believed you bought me the best bow there is. I have dreamed of this bow for moths."

"I know and it comes with the arrows that you love..." I said smiling.

"Thank you so much, Caroline. I love you." He said and hugged me, he really loved it because he is not a hugger kind of person.

"I love you too Ansel." I said smiling.

"You know what I am going to do?"

"Go practice" I said and he smiled to me.

"You get me." He said and vamp with his new equipment to somewhere else.

"You and Ansel are really closed, aren't you?"

"Yes. He is a great man. He never gave up on me and after so long of helping each other, we kind of become like family." I said with a smile.

"How can you be like this?" He asked me.

"Like what?" I asked him confused.

"So kind and positive with everything that is been through. How can you never got drawn to the darkness?" He asked me sounding surprised and seemed admiring me.

"I did but my friends were there to help me get through it even when I thought I was alright." I admitted.

"I'm so sorry to not be there to help you." He said.

"You didn't had how to know. Besides you had and have a family here." I told him.

"I should've been there to catch you..." He said almost seeming sad and guilty, while looking at the ground.

"I'm okay now. That is what it matters, isn't it?" I asked while resting my hand above his, making him look at me.

"Yes, it is." He said while getting closer and I tried to say something but the words wouldn't left my mouth, I was paralyzed looking at him, then he leaned to kiss me.

"We can't..." I said before feeling his lips into mine. "I am just here along with my friends to help you and your family."

"If is that what you want..." He said getting a step back.

"It's not about wanting is about priorities." I said and get out like a coward.