Ansel saves Natalie

Natalie's POV

Great! I'm lost...

I went to see a store that caught my eye and now I couldn't my way home. The worst part is that my phone died so I couldn't call anyone for help.

It was getting really dark but I tried to not let all the supernatural stuff scare me and I continued walking around, trying to find someplace that would look familiar to me.

Suddenly I felt someone pushing me against the wall and the man looked at me and showed his fangs then started to drink from me and I just yelled, hoping for someone to find me and help me get out of there.

When I was almost without any hope, I felt someone pushing the vampire who was drinking my blood to the other side.

"Ansel?" I asked, still shaken up with this all thing.

"Drink this. It will heal you." Ansel said biting himself and before I could say something, he make me drink some of his blood and start to feel better and there was no wounds left, making me perplex. I knew what his blood would do in theory but actually seeing it was a whole other thing.

He then went to the vampire and they start to fight each other.

"Stop! Please stop!" I said while seeing Ansel getting bruised.

"This is for the way you treat her." Ansel said and snapped his neck.

"Did you...?" I asked when saw the vampire laying in the ground with his eyes closed.

"No, he's just unconscious. He'll wake up soon. Now let's get you back to the Quarter." Ansel said and I nodded.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm immortal after all." He said and i smiled.

"Right. Sometimes I forget that. You and everyone else seem so human in the eyes of someone who's outside that sometimes I forget you aren't human." I said and he smirked.

"What were you doing in the streets this late?" He asked.

"I got lost. I went to a store and started to get dark when I get out and I don't know this. Then my phone died so I just had to walk and try to find my way back to the Quarter." I said and he nodded.

"I hope what happened tonight won't make you think that all vampires are bad." He said while he took me to my bedroom and we stayed in front of the door.

"How could I? You're half vampire and you didn't even hesitated in rescuing me." I said then whispered. "You were a hero."

"I'm no hero."

"You are to me." I said and felt myself getting lost in his blue eyes, then he caressed my cheek, making me smile.

I felt myself leaning in and saw him leaning in too and we kissed. It was a soft and sweet kiss. When we broke the kiss I smiled shyly and blushed.

"Goodnight, Natalie." He said and I just smiled like a teenager who just talked with her crush and went to my bedroom.