Ansel talks with Klaus about Caroline

Klaus's POV

Klaus's POV

I was in my office drawing Caroline in my sketchbook and thinking about how much I messed up everything with Caroline, when I heard someone knocking on the door, I opened the door and saw Ansel.

"Ansel. What may I do for you?" I asked.

"Do you mind to have a conversation with me?" Ansel asked, I nodded and let him come in.

"What do you wanted to talk about?" I asked while putting the drawings I made of Caroline in a drawer.

"About you and Caroline. Specially Caroline." He said making me look at him with more attention then ever.

"What about Caroline?"

"She told me everything about you and her. And..."

"I don't need you to come here and start saying that I was a jerk to her and that..."

"I didn't come today at nothing like that. I mean, you weren't nice to her but I didn't come here to judge and I know that I shouldn't put myself in the middle of something that's between you and Caroline but I want to help and I think you need to know this and she probably won't say because she is stubborn and never says when is sad or when is disappointed, she just focus on others problems to not face her's. You know how she is..." he said and I nodded.

"Is she okay?" I asked concerned.

"No. She tries to seem that she's alright but she's not. She got mad to you because of the way you talk but that wasn't all." He said and I look at him so he would continue "She got upset and hurt because you made her see that she can't be a mother and she thinks that the fact of her not being able to give you a child, can make you change the way you feel about her. She's upset because she thinks that you will eventually think less of her because she can't give you the happiness of having a child."

"What? Caroline always knew how I felt about her. She doesn't think that. I mean, why would she? I never..."

"I know that you never made her feel like that but when you discuss with Caroline and said those things about being a parent, probably made her rethink about everything and made her feel bad about herself. You know that she isn't so confident like she seems, she just has this mask that created to not have people walk over her." Ansel said and I felt even worse about what I said to her. "I think you need to have a really big talk with her. You need to make her see that you love her no matter what."

"How?" I asked to myself and then asked him. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I saw the way you looked at her back in Mystic Falls when I was in the Other Side, and I saw that she made you see the person you were before you started to create this mask of yours so you would push people away from you just because you were afraid of getting hurt."

"I am not afraid. Do you think that I'm just some guy who's weak to be afraid of others?" I asked angry because I didn't like to be seen as weak like Mikael used to call me.

"I'm not saying that you're weak. You are a strong man and I'm proud of seeing the man who you become. But that's not the point, I'm just saying that Caroline was the only one who made you smile, laugh and feel things like no other woman did before. She's your soulmate and I am completely on Team Klaroline." He said and I was now confused.

"Team Klaroline?"

"You know, Klaus and Caroline?" He said and I looked at him in disbelief then added "Don't look at me like that. I'm just trying to be hip, I am trying to be cool."

"Don't say that ever again."

"Why? I can be cool!" Ansel said.

"No one that's cool says that." I told him.

"I'm just trying to be a man from 21st century and all you and Caroline can do is tell me that I shouldn't say stuff like cool or trendy or shipping Klaroline. It's hard to suddenly change from the Middle Ages to this age where you never know if people are talking literally or if it's just a saying." He said more to himself and then said "I better go. And if you talk to Caroline don't mention that it was me who told you about this because the last time she got mad, she make me sing in public in my underwear."

And then he quickly get out of my office, leaving me laughing at the image of Caroline making Ansel singing in underwear.