Klaroline & *Cope talk

*Cope = Caroline + Hope (if you think in a better ship name for them, tell me)

Klaus's POV

I was now alone with Caroline in my office. It was now the moment I would know if I had lost her forever or not.

"Before we started 'the talk', I just wanted to thank you for being so understanding with everything." She said.

Is this a good or a bad sign?

"This time out of New Orleans, made me be able to focus more in myself and working with all the shit I was going through. It was really important for me to have some time for myself without people asking me all the time if I was okay. I needed this and I'm really glad that you gave me this time."

"I'm glad that you are feeling better." I said.

Does she want to end things or not? Why can't she just say it?

"Yeah, me too." She said with a small smile.

"And how do you feel about us? Do you still think that we shouldn't be together?" I asked because I couldn't take the wait anymore.

"I don't know if we should be together... but I was hoping that we could give us a try. But if you don't want to, I totally understand and..." she was starting to rambling, so I kissed her.

"I was hoping that too." I said and she smiled.

It was the first time in a long time I saw her smiling.

I missed that smile so much...

"I'm so sorry for trying to push you away and for being so distant and for..."

"It's okay." I cut her off. "I'm just glad that you are alright and that you gave us another chance."

Hope's POV

After my father and Caroline get back from his office, they told us that they got back together. I could see that my father was really happy but I had to talk with Caroline, so I would be sure that she was really serious about being with my dad.

When Caroline went upstairs to put her stuff in my dad's room, I decided that it was the perfect time to have the talk.

"Caroline, we need to talk." I said when I opened the door of my father's bedroom and then I got inside and close the door so anyone could hear us.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"I don't know."

"Are you sure? Cause it seems like there's something going on." She said and seemed to be really concerned with me.

"I just want to talk about your relationship with my dad." I said.

"Okay."

"You and my father are back together and he is really happy to be with you again. No one can deny that."

"I'm also really happy that Klaus, I mean your father, took me back."

"You should be. You are really lucky to have him."

"I know that." She said with a smile.

"But the thing is... when you left to 'find yourself' or whatever it was that you did, broke my father's heart. He can deny it all he wants it, but I know him and you hurt him badly when you went to God knows where." I said trying to stay calm even if I was angry at her for leaving my dad. "When you left, my father was a complete reck, he tried to show to everyone that he was okay but I could see that he wasn't. He was devastated."

"It was never my intention to hurt him so badly. I was awful for what I did and I already apologized to him but I guess I owe you an apology as well." She said. "I'm really sorry. I should had fix my issues sooner and not push away Klaus. If I could back in time I would do things differently."

"How do I know that this kind of thing won't happen again?" I asked her.

"There's no way to know. The only thing I can assure you is that I love your father more than anything." She said.

"Do you really love him?" I asked to be sure.

"Of course. I love him with all my heart." She said and I could see she was being honest, not just by her face but also by her heartbeat.

"Good, but I feel that I should warn you that if you hurt my father, I will show you pain like you never felt before." I warned her.

"Klaus is very lucky to have you as his daughter. And Scott to have you as his girlfriend." She said with a smile.

"Really? That's your answer?" I asked confused.

"Why? What were you expecting?"

"I don't know. You defending yourself or something."

"Why would I do that? You are just protecting your father. I hurt him before it's normal that you don't want history to repeat itself." She said and I just nod because I didn't know how to response. "I know that I'm probably asking too much of you, but I would like that we could get along and maybe one day friends."

"Why?"

"Because I'm dating your father and you my friend and also because for what I have seen since I moved in, you are amazing and Scott doesn't let us forget about it."

"He talks that much about me?" I asked shyly.

"Are you kidding? It's easier to say the times he is not talking about you. He is always saying how you are the perfect girlfriend." She said with a smile, making me smile and blush.

"I think we can get along." I said and left the room.