Kat tells Derek & Talk with Elijah

Katerina's POV

After I talked with Caroline, I went to Rebekah's room and Derek opened the door with a sheet around his waist and completely sweaty. Someone was having a good time...

"Kat. Hey! What's up?" Derek asked when opened the door.

"Hi! Am I interrupting something?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yes!" Rebekah said making Derek give her a look.

"Nothing we can't come back to it later. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. I just needed to tell you something but I don't want you to leave Rebekah hanging." I said with a smirk and left after giving him a wink.

***

I was now in the kitchen when everyone was starting to get downstairs.

"Kat!" Derek called me making me look at him.

"Hi! Done having sex?" I asked with a smirk.

"No, but I have to drink blood to survive." Derek said making me smirk.

"That's my best friend!" I said with a big smirk.

"But what happened? What was so urgent that you interrupt my amazing morning activities with Rebekah?" He asked.

"I have big news." I said with a smile.

I was nervous because what he thought about my engagement with Elijah was really important to me. He was my best friend and the closest I had to a family.

"Elijah proposed." I said while showing him the ring.

"Elijah did what?" Derek asked pissed off. "He can't do that!"

"Why not? He loves me, I love him. People who love each other get married."

"Yes. But Elijah should ask me for my blessing." Derek said with a serious face, making me see that he wasn't kidding.

"Oh God! Derek, you are not my father." I said after rolling my eyes.

"I might not be your father but I am your friend and we are like family." Derek said and started to walk away but I vamp speed to be in his way.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Have a little talk with your boyfriend."

"Fiancé" I corrected him.

"He is not your fiancé until he shows me that he is worthy to be your fiancé. He needs my blessing." He said making me roll my eyes and then he left.

Derek's POV

I left the kitchen, looking for Elijah and of course that suit guy was hiding in the library. Suits...

"Elijah." I called him making him look at me and get up while posing his little book in the chair he was seating on.

"Mr. Hale, what may I do for you?"

"Don't go all polite on me. Kat just told me that you proposed to her."

"I have a feeling that you didn't come here to congratulate me for the engagement." He said calmly.

"Of course not." I said angry and added. "Do you think that just because you wear a fancy suit and are an Original and are Rebekah's brother that you don't need to have anyone's blessing to marry Katerina?"

"I... I wasn't aware that... you are right." He said making me get out of guard. I was expecting him to be upset or to snap at me but he just act cool. "My apologies. I didn't know if that was still a thing or not and Katerina found the ring. I was going to proposer tonight but she found the ring so I had to propose her earlier than I was prepared to."

"Do not think that your smooth talk will work on me. I have to make sure you are worthy of someone as amazing as Katerina. She is like family and I am very protective of my family."

"I know what is that like. With the course of my long life, I've learn that nothing is more important than the bond of family." He said and added. "I'm happy that Katerina as someone who cares so deeply about her like you do. To be honest, I was jealous of you when we met because I know that Katerina doesn't open up to someone easily and you were one of the few people who she trusted and actually cared about. The bond you two share is so profound and pure... She deserves to have someone like you in her life after everything she gone through. I love her and I only hope that you give me your blessing to marry her."

"Would you do anything for her? Would you die for her? Would you be tortured for her?"

"Yes. I would do anything for her." He said. "I would face everyone and everything for her. I waited more than 500 years for her and now we can be finally together. All I want to do is to compensate all the time we couldn't be together and to make her the happiest woman in the world. I just want to love her till the end of times."

"Alright. You have my blessing." I said and then we shook hands. "But if you hurt her in any way, I will forget that you are Rebekah's brother. Kat deserves to be happy."