Klaroline & another chance?

Klaus's POV

"That never happen." Caroline said while we walk over to the coffee house.

"Just give me another chance. You want to. Please..."

"No. We might kissed but that was just relapse. We can't go back."

"We can be better than we were."

"Until the day something happens. Our relationship is too fragile, we fight for no reason and we break up because of insecurities and misunderstandings... we won't ever work. It will always have an expiration date."

"Maybe this time can be different. I know I was wrong in not believing you, please give me a chance."

"Stop! Do you think I enjoy this? I hate saying no to getting back together but I have to because I know what will happen if I give us another chance, history will repeat itself and I will end up hurt. Don't make this harder for me. I do miss you and I still love you but I can't be with you. I can't handle getting hurt again."

"Maybe this time we will work out. I love you so much... please come back to me." I almost begged her and she just gave me an apologetic look, then walked over to the coffee house and I quickly followed her.

After getting back to the Quarter, I took Caroline to my room because I needed to talk with her about what happened.

"Why don't you believe in us?" I asked.

"Because you don't believe in me and without trust no relationship works."

"I believe in you. I acted on instinct, I didn't even think. You might not know this but after a thousand of years filled with betrayal, it's hard to not trust my instinct. Deep down I knew you wouldn't betray me but I can't avoid this instinct that I have, that makes me protect myself from others. I know you wouldn't hurt me but in the heat of the moment I didn't thought and I felt that history was repeating it self."

"What history?"

"When I was human, I loved Tatia and when I started to woo her, I believed that I could actually have a future with her but then one day I saw her kissing my brother and when she had to choose, she choose him. A part of me was afraid it was happening again with you and that mutt." I opened myself to her.

"I'm not Tatia. I would never do that to you. I love you." She said, making me look deeply into her eyes and then kiss her.

"I love you so much..." I whispered when I broke the kiss and she kissed me passionately.

"Do you promise you won't jump into conclusions and that you will trust me?"

"I promise."

"Then I guess I can give us a chance. But it's the last one."

"I won't let you down, love."

"Good. Now shut up and kiss me." She said I kissed her passionately.