Ansel tells Caroline

Ansel's POV

What have I done? I'm a hybrid and she's human, I'm immortal and she's mortal. Natalie and I won't work and I kissed her either way. I can't believe I was so irresponsible... but it felt so good... what am I doing?

I went to sleep but it took some time until I could feel asleep and when I did, I dreamed with Natalie and us being together.

I like her, but I don't want to make her be in the middle of the supernatural world that makes innocent people be almost every day in danger. I want her safe but I also want to be with her... what should I do?

I decided to go talk with Caroline, so after taking a shower and put some clothes on, I knock on the door of my son's room.

After awhile, Caroline opened the door, she was wearing Niklaus's t-shirt and her hair was a mess and Niklaus was in bed, only covered by the sheet.

"Ansel!" Caroline said almost without breath. "What's up?"

"Ah... I can come later."

"That would be best." My son said and Caroline gave him a look, then looked at me.

"Give me just 5 minutes."

"Of course. I'll be in my room." I said and left.

Caroline's POV

I closed the door and went to the wardrobe.

"Came on, love. Let's go back to bed." Klaus said while wrapping his arms around me.

"I can't. He come to talk to me and I asked 5 minutes to go talk to him."

"You can come to bed and when you go talk to him, you tell him that you took longer because of your makeup." He suggested.

"I barely use any makeup. Besides, for him come here at this hour, it must be something important." I said while finishing getting ready, then looked at Klaus and gave him a peck. "I'll be back."

"I'll be waiting." He said with a smirk, I blushed and walked over to Ansel's room and knock, then he let me in.

"So... what did you had to tell me?"

"Last night, I kissed Natalie." He said and I smiled.

"Seriously? That's awesome! Nansel is about to sail. Tell me everything." I said with a big smile.

"Nansel is about to sail?" He asked confused.

"Yes, nansel is the ship name for you and Lydia's mom. And because it's the name of your ship, you are about to sail." I explained so he could get what I said.

"Oh..." he said, getting what I had said. "Well, I don't know about the sailing part."

"What? Why do you say that?" I asked.

"I don't want her to be in danger and you know very well that this supernatural world just put people we care about in danger."

"But if you two really like each other you can get through that. Do what you always told me to do: Follow your heart. I am always using my head but with Klaus I'm following my heart and now I'm happier than ever. I never thought this much happiness was possible but it is and I only know this because I follow my heart. I think it's time for you to follow your heart. You deserve to be loved and be happy, like we all are." I said and he was about to say something but I cut him off. "You can't use any excuse to not be happy on me because I had lived with those lies for years and now that I am finally being honest about my feelings with me and others, I'm happy. Let yourself be happy."

"The last time I was with someone was Esther."

"Are you wondering if sex it's different now? Cause I love you but that talk with you is just too weird and awkward."

"What? No! It's just... I thought that Esther was the love of my life and look how it ended."

"Think of this as life giving you a second chance." I said. "Try to live the moment for once. Try to just be happy. If she makes you happy, then go ahead."

"But she's human and I'm immortal. How would things go?"

"I don't know. But look at Hope and Scott. One is mortal and the other isn't but they are together and happy. Focus on the good things."

"Since you and my son got back together you are all sunshines and rainbows..." Ansel said.

"It's his fault for making me be so happy." I said.

We talked for a little while and then I went back to my/Klaus's room.