Caroline Remembers

Caroline's POV

Caroline's POV

It's been 2 weeks since they rescued me but I keep having nightmares about what happened in that place. I don't remember who kidnap me but I know it was more than a person, I may not know who they are but I recall every single moment of the torture and now when I go to sleep I feel like I'm still in that awful place.

I didn't told any of this to Klaus because he already is making me have a babysitter in all times, if he knew... I don't know. I just don't want to worry anyone.

Klaus's POV

Something is been off with Caroline since she come back. I know she was tortured for almost a month but it's something else... it's happening something that she is afraid to tell me.

I woke up and Caroline wasn't in the bed, she was in the bathroom, making me smirk and go to the bathroom.

She was wrapped in a towel and when I rest my hand in her shoulder, she quickly push me against the wall and grab me by my throat, when she realized it was me, she took her hand of my throat and took a step back.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't want to do that. I thought you were still sleeping so..." she said with guilt all over her face.

"It's alright, love." I said.

"No, it's not alright. Its been 2 weeks and I am all distant with you. I'm sorry. I'm a horrible girlfriend."

"You are an amazing girlfriend. I understand, you were in that place for a long time..." I said.

It's all my fault. I should be more careful with her...

"That doesn't give me the right to push you away. I'm sorry." She said and kissed me softly and when she broke the kiss, I kissed her again but this time was more intense.

Since she got back, we still didn't do it and it's not like I'm a sex addict but I have needs. The last time we did it was 41 days ago, I should get some kind of trophy for being able to keep it in my pants so long.

"I'm kind of hungry." She said with an apologetic look when broke the kiss.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

I can't take this anymore. Something must be wrong, she is always making some excuse to stop when things started to get more intimate.

"I'm not mad, I'm just hungry."

"You have made excuses every time we get more... intimate. We just kiss since you got back. Please tell me what's wrong. It's me? I get it. I should had found you sooner and I should have found the person who tortured you by now and I didn't. I'm sorry for failing you, but I'm doing everything in my power to compensate you." I said and was starting to say more when Caroline gave me a peck on the lips.

"It's nothing to do with you, I'm just not feeling myself and when we get more intimate, I want to be there 100% and enjoy how you tease me and pleasure me. I just need some more time. I'm sorry to put you through this." She said with a guilty look. "I get it if you can't give me that. I mean, you have been so understanding with me. I know that you have needs and I'm really sorry for not being able to fulfill those needs and..."

I cut her off by kissing her, but was a kiss without any other intentions.

Of course I want to have sex with her again but I respect her and if she doesn't want it, I'm not going to make her.

"I'm not going to make you do something you don't want to do or don't feel prepared to do. I'm not going to lie, it's been really hard being around you and keep my hands and others things to myself but it's nothing I can't handle."

"Why don't you just break up with me? You deserve someone better than me. I'm so damaged... You should be with someone who isn't messed up or insecure or broken, unlike me." She said with tears in her eyes.

"Why are you saying that? Do you want me to break up with you?" I asked hurt.

"I want the best for you and I'm not the best. When will you realize that I'm just some random girl? I shouldn't be with you, I should be with some random guy and you with some woman who's well-traveled and wise and beautiful and strong. You are wasting your time with me, you should be with someone better. I can't do this to you. I'm sorry. You are better without me." She said and left the room in tears.

Caroline's POV

I run over to Ansel's room in tears and thankfully, Natalie wasn't there and I could talk with Ansel in private.

"What happened?" Ansel asked with a concerned voice.

"I have been lying." I said in tears and he just looked at me confused. "I remember everything I passed through, that's why I remember it was more than one person who tortured me."

"What did they do to you aside from the physical pain and the hallucinations?" Ansel asked angry and concerned.

"One was a man and... he..." I said in tears. "It happened again and I couldn't do a thing to stop him."

"I'm so sorry." He said while hugging me.

"You shouldn't be comforting me. I cheated on your son!"

"You were rapped. That isn't cheating."

"Then why do I feel so bad? Why can't I even be with him?" I asked in tears. "I can't keep doing this. I have to get out of here."

"No, you can't leave. You need to stay here in safety." Ansel said.

"I can't. I broke up with Klaus or I think I broke up. I'm not sure... I left right after that. Please don't tell him that I was rapped."

"You broke up with Niklaus? He loves you. Why did you end things with him?" He asked and I just look down. "Caroline, you did not cheat on him."

"Maybe not, but he deserves someone better than me. I'm not good enough for him." I said in tears and Ansel let me stay there, crying in his shoulder.

AN: I'm sorry. It broke my heart writing this.