Derek wants to be immortal

Rebekah's POV

I was in my bedroom with Derek and we were talking, we just had the most incredible sex ever and now we were just there together, enjoying each other's company.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked because he was quieter than usual.

"I was just thinking about... you know, I'm probably rushing into things and... forget it."

"Derek, we've been together for months. You can tell me anything."

"Alright. What do you think about, you know, maybe, one day..."

"Derek, just say it." I said because whatever it was I preferred to know right away.

"What do you say about me asking Klaus to turn me into a hybrid?" Derek asked me.

I just looked at him without knowing what to say. I wasn't even sure why he wanted to be a hybrid.

"Oh God! I screw up... let's forget what I said."

"No. Why do you want to be a hybrid?" I finally got the guts to ask and I was already preparing myself to hear him say how power is so important.

"So we could be together forever. I am mortal but if I turn I will be immortal and that means that we can actually be together. Let's be honest, if I stay as a mortal, you will quickly get bored..." Derek said and I wAs speechless.

I have been dating with Derek for months but I still can't believe completely when he says stuff like this because I spend thousands of years being rejected or being betrayed.

"Is that the only reason you want to turn into a hybrid?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I don't know. Being a hybrid means you get more power and..."

"Do you honestly think that I'm with you just for power? Who do you think I am?" Derek asked while getting out of the bed and he was really pissed off. "You were the only one I trusted with my past, with my issues, with everything. And now you think that I'm just using you? I'm not like that and you should know that. I can't believe this. After so many years, I was finally 100% in all this relationship thing but now I remember why I always push away all that. People always find a way to disappoint me and hurt me."

Derek was about to leave but I vamp speed to him, not letting him be able to get out of the room.

"I'm sorry. I know you wouldn't do that but... Try to be on my shoes, I've been rejected, used, hurt and betrayed by guys for thousands of years and it's hard for me to believe that you won't hurt me. I mean, a part of me knows that you love me and that you won't hurt me but another says that maybe I'm just being naive because there's no way in hell that someone as amazing as you see something in me." I admitted and he just looked at me.

"How... How can you think that? You are the most incredible woman I ever met. You make me smile, before you I was always with a serious face, now I even tell jokes. I feel like Stiles when he was in High School pinning over Lydia. I know how awful it is to get used by someone but that part is over. I am with you because I love you." Derek said and I kissed him passionately.

"Please, forgive me." I whispered when I broke the kiss.

"Please tell me that you trust me."

"I trust you, I do. And I wouldn't mind if you actually turned into a hybrid and be with me forever... If that is still up, of course."

"Of course it is. But now, let's stop talking." Derek said and make me wrap my legs around his waist and kissed me passionately.