Chapter 4

Before I know it, it's time to go home. Another day without Harry's presence at school.

I walk towards the front doors of the school where I find my mum waiting for me in the car. 

"So how has the first week of this school been?" She turns the car back on once I hop on. 

"Couldn't be better." I try to sound as convincing as I possibly can. My mum is going through a lot, she doesn't need my problems to get in the way of hers. 

"Is there something wrong?" Her voice lowers. She searches for my face but I simply turn away from her.

"No, I'm just a little tired that's all."

"Well you should get some rest as soon as we get home." My mum's so caring and in a good mood today and has been ever since we moved. This is going great, for her.

The rest of the drive home is silent, I wanted to talk about the "friends" I made but then I'd have to tell her how they're all homophobic. I have a feeling that maybe it wasn't going to be as good as a move as I thought it would.

I started to doze off during the drive back home, even if it was only a twenty minute drive.

"Honey, wake up we're home." She shakes my arm in an attempt to wake me up.

Once I've stepped out of the car, I make my way to the house. I grab my backpack, rushing upstairs to my room and just lay there, thinking.

Why is everyone here homophobic, specially Harry. Is there like some kind of strict policy here in this town that forbids you to support it?

There's nothing I can really do, so I decide to ignore whatever was lingering on my mind and started working on my homework for English. The topic was "Society" and the first thing that came to my head was how people are so unfair and treat people different if they have different perspectives on things. I'm taking a risk on writing on the topic about same sex marriage, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. 

Society

Society, what is society? Society is a community of people. All societies are different, some are fair and others just judge and force you to be something that you're not. The world we live in has changed so much from past times. Before it was okay to express what you felt and thought, now you can't even state an opinion about something or support something without being looked at differently. A big thing in society now is same sex marriage. You try to support it and everyone will assume you're some kind of freak or you're gay for supporting what's right. You don't support it and they'll like you or think of you as one of them. What society does not understand is that there is more to just marrying someone with the same private parts as you. Same sex marriage is when two people of the same sex find each other attractive, but find what they've needed all their life. What is that you say? Love, love is what they've needed, you might say "well how come they weren't attracted to someone of the same sex before?", that's because they had been searching in the wrong places and were so brainwashed and were taught that you'll only find love in a person who is the opposite sex as you. There are so many things to go on about how messed up society is but it'd be a never ending list. Society needs to open their eyes and realize that life isn't a bad place if you make it that way, just learn to accept people the way they are, whether they be a different race to liking a different gender.

I finish writing my paper on society and to me it seems pretty good, not perfect but maybe a B worthy.  The time has flown by when I look at the clock and it's an hour 'til midnight. The good thing is  that tomorrow is Friday and I'll finally get a break from all this.

Without any other distractions, I close my binder and walk towards my closet, grabbing a pair of pajamas and a plain white t-shirt. I slip the clothes on, removing my blue jeans along with my black cardigan. It doesn't take long before I find myself sprawled across the bed. My body doesn't seem to react when I attempt to stand up and slip under the blankets, guess I'm too tired for that. Slowly, I doze off into a deep sleep.