Chapter 128

Songs for this chapter -

Apologize - One Republic

( I know I use this song a bit too much but it can always suit a chapter)

Wait - M83

*Louis' POV*

"Why do you think they need us in the office?" I whisper to Harry, while the two of us walk behind the lady that's guiding us to the office. The cafeteria has suddenly turn from everyone talking, bickering about, to this dead silence with only a few "oohs" here and there. I look all around me, everyone staring yet again, no one can mind their own god damn business. It's not like they've ever seen two guys called up to the office.

As I turn my attention back Harry, I realize he hasn't bothered answering my question, instead I find a stupid, disgusted look plastered on his face.

"Aren't you going to answer?" I whisper to him.

Harry keeps his gaze straight ahead, not turning to me when he answers. "Don't you think if I had a fucking clue I would say it? he hisses. His facial expression couldn't suit his tone better, he's mad but it's all an act. Harry's said it over and over again that he's not this person, and he's never been. Whenever he starts to put up this "bad boy", reckless kind of acting, it's his way of blocking himself out of his problems and facing reality. I can't blame him for putting up this thick wall that lets in no light between him and everyone else, but he can at least try to let some light in through the cracks. This isn't him, he might be pretending to act as if he's strong but in reality this is how he looks like when he's weak. When I first met him, he wasn't this dark, this reserved, this time it's worse than before. But at the end of the day, I'm the only one to blame for this, and I'm willing to take full responsibility for any actions he takes.

"Harry, can you please just stop and listen to yourself? This isn't you and you know that better than anyone else. Stop putting this act on and be yourself. You don't have to sink to Tristan and Jack's level to try to seem invincible. It's okay not to be okay, Harry. Just please stop trying to be someone you're not, because sooner or later, you'll actually think you're this person, and you're so much better than that. You're," I look over at the lady walking in front of us, then back at Harry, " you're an amazing person, Harry, you know that, I know that. And just because I can't be with you, doesn't mean you have to be alone forever." I let out a deep sigh as soon as I've finished talking. My eyes never leave the his sight, yet he's still facing forward. He's being reluctant about everything, and I'm trying so hard to break this barrier of tension he's created, there's no luck.

"I'm not going back to who I was a month ago. I don't want to be that vulnerable, sappy fuck, because that's not who I want to be, understood? And no amount of words, sob stories, bullshit, will get to me." he says, clenching his jaw as he finishes speaking. At no moment does he dare look my way, instead he keeps walking, head held up with broad shoulders, and fists clenched. God, he's trying so hard, so hard to fight everything I'm trying to get through to him. But the more I force my words upon him, the more he'll want to push them away, so he'll have it his way. I have no strength to put up a fight, not today.

"Fine, be the person you want to be Harry. No one one is going to stop you anymore. You'll go your way and I'll go mine." I sigh, continuing to follow the lady down the hallway. There's no doubt she's been eavesdropping into our conversation, but neither of us could care any less.

"Is Dominic joining you on your way? After all you two did do you know what, didn't you?" I look over at Harry, this time he's looking right at me. His brows folded, and forehead crinkled in rage.

"No, didn't. Nothing happened, I haven't even heard a word from him since he left." I say to my own defense.

"You're lying. You're always lying and you don't stop lying, do you? Do you expect me to think you're not lying now, because I sure as hell know you are." he hisses, balling his fists.