Chapter 77

*Louis' POV*

"It's all because of you!" Zayn yells, charging towards Harry. No. It's not Harry's fault for everything that's happened between Zayn and Lily. I'm here thinking that maybe I'd give Lily a second chance at it but she proves me wrong. I'm not letting Zayn get to Harry. As much as I'm hurt from what I found out earlier, I won't let anything bad happen to Harry, not after I know none of this is his fault.

My first instinct is to pull Harry away from Zayn's way but I know that won't work. Without further remorse, I step between Zayn and Harry.

*Harry's POV*

"It's all because of you!" He charges towards me, I have no time to react or defend myself. I screw my eyes shut and put my hands up in an "x" to cover myself.

All I hear is a shriek but more like a scream or a cry behind me but I don't feel anything. I lower my arms from my face and see Zayn with widened eyes staring at me and then his eyes moving to the floor.

I look down to find Louis on the ground. His nose is bleeding non-stop, he cups his hands under his nose to stop the blood from running. My first intention is to check if Louis' okay, my other is to beat the shit out of the Zayn. The other wins.

"He- He got in the way." Zayn begs for mercy without me doing anything to him, yet. With one last look at Louis, I can feel my muscles tensing. I can see the puffs of my warm breath turn into a steam in the cold air outside every time I breathe. Blood starts pumping faster and faster throughout my body. My vision is hazy and red. I'm not sure what I'm doing at this point. All I can hear Louis and Lily yelling for me to stop but I can't. I can't see anything, nothing at all. My knuckles have become numb from my actions. I feel the body under me begging for me to stop, but I won't. It's like my brain is on it's own, it's not cooperating with my body or movements.

Finally I stop. What makes me stop is what makes my stomach drop to the floor.

Louis' on the floor, again. His hand covering his cheek, the red outline is clearly visible on the soft skin of his. I didn't, I couldn't.

"Harry let's go!" He stands to his feet and pulls me up with him. Zayn's on the floor as well, bruised up just like last time. No damage was really done to him, not as much as I wanted. He fucking hurt Louis for fuck sake's. I fight the urge to finish him off only because Louis' hurt and he needs me.

...

The whole ride back in the car was dead silent. No words came out from me nor from Louis, not one. Louis' head was pressed against the car window on the way back, with him staring out into the the darkness of the night.

"I knew it wasn't a good idea coming here." I say, breaking the silence barrier between us two. He doesn't attempt to look over at me.

"Why? Because I'd find out about Lily or the Zayn thing happening. You know that the fight with Zayn was preventable if you would've just listened to me." His tone is harsh, no feeling behind it.

"The shit with Lily wan't my fault, I told you and she told you. On the Zayn thing, you're right. I'm sorry." Those words, those damned words are what haunt me. No matter what I do, I'll end up saying them every time. The more I keep repeating them, the less feeling and meaning there are. It's the same thing with the I love you's. We keep saying them and the more we say them, the more you need to aplogise for it. Maybe that way it'll actually mean something.

"I'll take the blame for me stepping between you two. But I couldn't help it." He couldn't see me get hurt, yet I have to stand there and see him take a punch for me?

"Where are we going?" He asks. Right now I know that the right thing to do is take him home with me.

"My flat."