Chapter 98

*Louis' POV*

"Liam?" I call behind him. He's standing right outside the pizza parlor on his phone. As soon as he hears my voice he puts the phone back into his pocket. Must've been a private conversation. He has been a bit jittery since he got here.

"Sorry, it was my mum checking up one me." He turns around and begins walking towards the parlor. "Is the pizza ready?" I nod as he holds the door open for me, much like when Harry opened it for me when we went to the cafe for the first time. Harry. I can't seem to get him off my mind. Everything I do or see always ends up reminding me of him. The smallest, dumbest things seem to hold some similarity to him. The way a stranger walks reminds me of the way he does. As soon as I hear boots clicking to the cement, I swear it's Harry walking but it ends up being a business man with his shiny shoes minding his own business. I'm so paranoid from all this shit. No matter what I do or try not to do his face finds a way to creep back into my head. He's like parasite that's clinging to me, eating me alive inside out.

Liam takes a seat before I do. I've been to caught up on thinking about Harry, that I haven't bothered to ask Liam how he's doing. The past two hours while at the hotel and walking to here with Liam have probably been torture for him. Having to listen to me go on about my problems, shit wonder he only kept answering with "mhm" or "yeah" I bet he wasn't even listening. If he wasn't, it makes me feel a lot better but if he was then I feel like complete shit.

"What are you thinking about?" Liam notices my lack talking now. Does he really know what I'm thinking or he using this as an excuse to make me go on with my feeling to make me feel worse about myself?

I look around the place, the emptiness of it went unnoticed when I first marched in here. "Nothing important." I avoid the pouring of emotions from coming out of me. "How've you been? About your kidney?" I might as well make this conversation about him now. He's had enough of me, it's time to hear him out.

A huge smile lays on his face after I've asked how he's been. That smile has got to be the brightest and widest I've seen on him since we met. All signs of good news, I hope.

"Well, it's nothing outstanding. The doctor's said that my kidney had shown remarkable improvement out of no where. They believed it was highly unlikely to get better but I'm proving them wrong." he shrugs his shoulders like it's no big deal, it's a great deal!

"Liam!" I exclaim, catching the ladies behind the counters attention. They give me an odd look, I simply ignore them turning back to Liam. "That's amazing news! It's some kind of a miracle don't you think? A month ago you were practically talking about how you were going to die, now look at you!" Words can't describe how elated am for Liam. He was so positive about how he needed to enjoy his life like there was no tomorrow, look where that got him. This really motivates me, knowing that Liam was in a more serious condition than I was and he's better now.

"Wait, wait." He puts his index finger up to stop me from my outburst of happiness. "They also mentioned the possibility of it being a phase. A phase where it improves only to get worse later. As of right now I'm not putting my hopes up too high, you know so it won't be so bad if they tell me that it's not getting any better. You can never, ever expect the best. You always have to hope for the best but expect the worse." No matter what happens from here on out, seeing Liam this happy could've been the best thing that has happened to him in a long time. Being happy. From what he's told me, the past years have been complete shit. First his kidney condition, then the whole Harry ruining his relationship that he longed to have for a long time, and lastly him having no friends at school. This can be the last thing that can make up for all of the suffering.

"You also don't want to set your hopes too low." I make a point.

"True." He takes a bit of the slice of pizza he holds in his hand.