Chapter 65

*Louis' POV*

After the announcement our French teacher announced, I was uneasy of the whole idea. I've been told that I can't deal with pressure, the altitude when on a plane is too much. But once I saw Harry's face light up I felt bad. This is why I don't travel, well at least not long distances. Maybe I can try it? Since taking a train and a boat won't be an option.

"About time you got back." Harry's seated in his car clearly annoyed for taking more time than needed at the store.

"Shush." I silence him. He drives out of the parking lot and takes me home.

...

"How do you turn this shit on?" Harry plays with the ovens buttons making beeping sounds every time he does.

"Here." I move him aside and turn on the stove so it'll pre-heat in the meantime.

"What's this." He says shaking the the various boxes of cookie and cake batter for cupcakes in his hand in front of his face.

"You've never done this have you?" It's apparent he hasn't. I would have expected for his mum and him to have done it together at some point.

"No why? Should I have already done this or something?"

"Not really I just thought you might have. That's how I learned, you know baking with mum. My mum not having any girls of her own is kind of sad so I used to try to fill in that void. She's the one that taught me how to bake, cook, clean, but not make my bed." We both laugh remembering the time Harry had to make my bed the first time he spent the night over after getting into the fight with Niall.

"We better get going on these cupcakes first don't you think?" Harry picks out the cake batter mix instead of the cookie one. People always say that baking is only for women but I enjoy it not because I'm gay but it's fun.

Harry rips open the box and the bag that contains the batter mix. He's manages to read the instructions behind the box and get the batter ready.

"How is it coming along?" His back and mine are opposite of each other. I make the cookie batter while he does the cake one.

"You should call me a pro or some shit because I'm nailing this." He teases.

...

"You get the icing, I'll get the cupcakes out of the oven." I instruct him and he does as I say. We've been baking for about two hours non-stop. Luckily Harry's been so into it he hasn't made any sexual remark since we started.

I take out the cupcakes out of the oven and place them on the table. Harry sits down, obvious sign that he's exhausted.

"Did you like London?" I blurt out. We didn't really go into full detail about London back at the cafe. Today's been a crammed day. Finally seeing Harry, ditching, the new kid, and now baking goods in the course of only a few hours. It's almost as if Harry never left, I brushed off the whole partying in London thing because I didn't want to have to deal with Harry feeling bad about what he did even if he did deserve it. I missed him and having him here is all that really matters.

"London was nice but not nice enough for me to want to go live there, at least not now." He says crinkling his nose.

"Oh." I say as I squeeze the tube of icing and decorate the top of a cupcake.

"What's wrong?" Harry stands up and walks to me, tilting his head to look at me.

"Nothing." I lie. I'm not even sure I'll be able to go to France yet I'm here fund-raising.

"I think you need a break from all this." He motions his hand pointing out the whole mess of opened boxes and flour covered table.

"I can't. I need to finish them before my mum gets home from work."