Chapter 13

*Harry's POV*

I keep looking at the clock, not taking my eyes off of it. One more minute 'til the bell rings. What am I going to say? My mind is scattered through thoughts and words. I'm not going to tell him the whole truth but I'm also not going to lie to him.

Within a couple seconds the bell rings and everyone rushes outside the class room. The lunch line gets pretty long and don't get me started with the jocks that always pile up their plates with food. Like usual I'm the last one to get out of class. I don't carry a backpack so no need to pack things. I walk through the desks and exit the classroom. Louis might be at the cafeteria already but I decide to go check by his locker, just in case.

My eyes search for him around the hall but he's nowhere. I walk to the cafeteria and spot Lily, that whore. She's standing right next to Louis and he's there laughing with her? I could've sworn he wasn't into Lily but I guess he is.

I shake my head. I really want to be friends with Louis but I can't stand seeing him with a girl, or with anyone else. Then again that's what happened with Sam, I pushed him away.

Louis stops laughing when he sees me sitting alone at the far end tables. He hugs Lily and leaves her and her crew. You could clearly see his unsureness when he was walking to me, kind of like if he was nervous. He hesitates a bit when he sits down.

"Sorry I know they're staring."

I look behind him and he's right. All of their jaws drop when he starts talking to me. Do people here really see me as some kind of freak that no one talks to or has the courage to talk to? They all notice when I look at them and quickly move their glare to the floor. Damn right. Is it so weird for two guys to talk? I look back at Louis and give him the chips I bought when he was busy talking to his 'crew'.

"For me?"

He says when push them on the table to him.

"Yeah, I figured you'd want some or something."

"Thanks."

He's not acting like he usually would. Instead he's the Louis I started talking to the day we went to the cafe.

"You don't have to pretend you don't know me anymore. Let loose."

I laugh and playfully hit my hand against his shoulder. Gasps escape from all around the cafeteria. So what if they haven't heard me laugh in years, it's no big deal. I try to ignore the fact that the cafeteria is silent and everyone has their eyes glued on me.

"Are you going to tell me who Sam is?

Great. Here it goes. I take a deep breath and lean in a little more towards Louis who is sitting across from me.

"Sam was my friend. He died about a year after I met him. Me and Sam were not the best of friends, but that was only because we were so much alike."

I can't help but smile when I talk about Sam. A habit I need to break.

"So you two were just friends?"

I can see his eyes start to gloss slightly.

"Yeah, nothing more. He liked me I know that but I never got to hear him say it."

My stare is no longer on Louis but on the table.

"So he was gay?"

He says. You could tell Louis was surprised by my words.

"He was bisexual. No one ever knew that but me. He only trusted me and no one else, he depended on me."

"How did he look like?"