Chapter 23

"You can go back to your seat you know?", Niall says while looking away, avoiding me of course.

"I know, I just don't want to.", I mean what I say. Niall seems like the kind of person that wants attention but only because he doesn't have anyone.

"I don't need your pity for me.", he bites.

"I'm not giving you any pity!", I bite back.

"Yes you are. You're being nice me all of a sudden. Just 3 days ago you wanted to beat my ass, totally not pity.", he puffs and tries to roll his eyes but winces because of his black eye.

"Niall, the least you could do is try to talk to me. You owe me since you got Harry expelled, I kind of have no one now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bring this all on you but soften up man. Fresh start?", I stretch my arm to him waiting for him to shake it. He finally lightens up and gives me a weak smile, shaking my hand.

"Fresh start.", he answers back.

"Since this is a fresh start and the teacher isn't here yet I say we introduce ourselves, properly." I copy his actions, crossing my arms on the table.

"I guess I'll go first," I say, "My name is Louis Tomlinson turning 18 in less than 2 weeks & I'm originally from Doncaster." Niall laughs at how proper I make myself to be.

"Well, my name is Niall, 17.I'm not British like the rest of you, I'm from Mullingar, Ireland." When he finishes I look down to his feet and he does a little Irish jig with them. We both burst into laughter. Soon a substitute walks in.

"My name is Mrs. Evans and I will be subbing for Mr. Nolan today." The tall lady says to the class as she places her purse on the desk and sits down.

"Why isn't Mr. Nolan here today?" A girl from the back asks.

"That is none of your concern nor mine. The assignments are written on the board, go ahead and start on them." She's pretty old and that dress she's wearing doesn't even suit her age. I turn to Niall and he's already taking out a piece of paper.

"You're actually going to do the work?" I'm a bit surprised by him. Him always being the one to mess around and class I wouldn't think he actually got things done.

"Does that surprise you?"

"Yeah a bit."

"I actually want an education even if I don't make it seem that way. The tips I get back at the restaurant are going into my saving account to be able to afford college and all." He's serious about what he says. It's sad that he's basically his own father figure to himself, really sad.

"What number are you ranked in the whole senior class?" I ask, he looks up at he ceiling trying to remember what number he's ranked.

"Umm...last time I checked I was three or four out of three hundred." He says it like it's no big deal but it is. Being in the top five is sure to look go on college applications.

"Wow! You have potential. Why do you act the way you do if you're actually nothing like you act here at school?"

"Grew up too fast, that's all." I nods my head understanding what he means.

"That's one of my biggest fears." I point out.

"Being ranked low?" His eyebrows move up, curious.

"No, growing up too fast. There always those theories about how you have to get married, have kids and live that style. It's all just shit." I explain. It's true, I don't really ever want to get married or anything even if I did it wouldn't be legal and I could never have kids if I was gay. It's one of the downsides of falling for someone that you're forbidden to be with.

"You don't want to get married at some point? Have kids and start a family?" He's shocked my response.

"Maybe I'm too young to understand any of it but at the moment I don't want any of that."

"I understand." But he doesn't.

...

The whole school day was great excluding that fact that Harry isn't here anymore. Niall and I spent lunch together. I didn't want to hang out with Lily not because of our past or whatever but because I couldn't look her in the eyes, she was so honest with me and I wasn't with her. I haven't even told Harry about how Lily feels about him. Oh my god. What if Lily asks Harry about his 'girlfriend'. Guess I'll have to come clean to Harry and come up with a back up plan or something. 

The last bell finally rung, dismissing us home. I had texted my mum earlier to not come for me, I didn't want to bother her after seeing how tired she was in the morning. I walk out to the hallways and see Niall wave at me and meet me half ways to the front door of the school. 

"Hey!" Niall calls out.

"Hey." I say when I get closer to him. We talk 'til we get to the front of the yard of the school. I look up and I see Harry waiting in his car by where parents pick up their kids. 

"Sorry I have to get going my rides here. I'll tell you what I think about the book you lent me."

"See ya tomorrow I guess." I walk away and he waves at me. When I look to where Harry is at his lips are in a flat line, he must be pissed about Niall still. I look back at Niall and he looks to where I'm walking to. 

"Wait!" He yells when I open the door of Harry's car. 

"What the hell does he want?" Harry bites. If only he'd let me explain. Niall walks over to us and I get inside the car. He sticks his head inside the car slightly, enough for Harry to hear him. 

"Nice eye." Harry laughs and points at Niall. Niall's smile fades but comes back.

"Nice lip." The smirk on Niall is sure to piss off Harry even more. 

"Look Styles I didn't come here to fight or argue I want to make things right. I'm really sorry about everything from now on I'm going to think before I speak and all. If it helps I'll do anything to try to get you enrolled back here again. And no Louis has nothing to do with this, so no he isn't making me apologize to you." Harry's facial expression softens by Niall's sincere apology. He then looks back at me arching a brow as if I had anything to do with it but I honestly don't. I guess if me and Niall are going to be friends Harry should be cool with him.

"Bye Horan." Harry says. I look at Harry and back at Niall, shaking my head and out my hands out so my palms are facing upward. I'd figure Harry would have a heart and forgive Niall. Harry is so cold in responding just like that. If only he knew about why Niall acts like he does. 

Niall pulls his head out of the car and takes a few steps back on the pavement. His shock clear in his face. I'm sure he thought Harry would forgive him but I guess we now know he's not like that and hold a grudge.

Harry drives out of the school grounds and I look at the car mirror that's located on the side of the door. Niall appears at a distance looking at us drive away.

"You're a fucking asshole you know that don't you?" I complain to Harry. His smirk is proudly spread across his face.

"I know." He assures me. I roll my eyes at him and look out the window. I bite the inside of my cheek and think about what I'm about to say.

"The least you could do is be nice to him and accept his apology. After all he did see us outside in the parking lot of the restaurant on Saturday." I can see Harry turn his head as fast as he can towards me. His eyes are wide and lips are parted, his cheeks flushed.

"What!" He yells.

{Please vote and comment and share if you like it<3 Shout out to all my readers and friends from school who are reading this, it means the world. Sorry for any typos, I'll come back and fix them later. Hope you all have a good weekend. Yes I will be updating tomorrow so expect the next chapter. Thanks for reading:)}