Chapter 80

*Louis' POV*

"Louis come back." I'm tired enough, having my mum call me back down only makes me want to scream at her. I roll my eyes before going back down to go check up on what she wants.

I take my time walking down the stairs, stepping on one step at a time instead of two.

"What?" I whine. She shakes her head in annoyance with my attitude towards her. But I can't help it.

"You have an appointment back at the clinic today to get cleared for that trip. I called when you told me about it so we can have everything settled."

"What if I'm not cleared to go? My stats aren't what they're supposed to be? The pressure on the airplane might be too much for me to handle." What am I even thinking?

"Don't be so negative Louis, think about the positives." Yeah think about to positives only to have them backfire on you later.

"What time?" The sooner we get this over with the better.

She looks down at the wrist watch, shaking it to check the time.

"About half an hour, get ready." I didn't mean that soon.

...

"What if I'm not okay to go? Then what? I don't think I'd have the heart to tell Harry. You should've seen how excited he is was when the teacher first mentioned it. He turned around and smiled back at me. His face lit up so bright." His face from that day pops back into my mind, causing me to smile at the memory.

"Louis it'll be fine, I swear. Besides they haven't evaluated for that in years, I'm sure you'll be able to deal with the altitude in the plane and the pressure." She lets one hand go from the steering wheel to pat my leg. She mouths "It's okay." then takes her hand off and onto the steering wheel again.

"Yeah." I sigh.

As usual I end up looking out the car window for the time period to the clinic where I've been at recently. I haven't mentioned to my mum about me fainting back at Harry's home on Christmas day but as of now I don't think she needs to know.

"We're here hun." I unbuckle my seat belt and step out of the car, following my mum afterwards.

We walk inside the small clinic. The bells on the door ring when we open it, causing the guy at the waiting room to turn to look at us. At first I didn't pay much attention to who it was, why did I care anyway? The sudden waving of a hand caught my eye when I looked away. Liam?

"I'll be over here if you need me mum." I tell her when she approaches the front counter, patting her arm.

'Liam? You're here again?" He greets me with a small smile and sets the book he's reading down on the coffee table.

"I should be asking you the same thing, shouldn't I?" He says with one of his brows raised. We both start to laugh at the same time, not loud of course.

"I'm only here to get cleared for the trip to France." I explain to him before sitting down in the chair next to him.

"Does Harry know?" His smile vanishes when asking me the question.

"About me being cleared or-"

"Both." He cuts me off. My personal problems shouldn't be any of Harry's concern for all I care. He's my boyfriend and that's it. No need to be telling him about every little detail about me, at least not that one.

"No." I avoid any eye contact with him. Liam's going to go on about how I have to tell him or he will, I'm sure of it.

"You have to tell him Louis, or else I will." I was right. His tone is harsh and his facial expression serious. Why should he care about anything in my life, it's not his.

"I will when the time comes."

"What time?" He's quick to respond.

"Louis Tomlinson?" The nurse calls out my name in the hallway of the clinic. I stand up and look back at Liam seeing his head shake in disappointment. It's none of his business either way. Liam's a great guy but he's about to get on my last nerve if he threatens me with my own problems again.

*Harry's POV*

"Uh yes hello? Can I talk to someone who speaks English please?" I'm not very good with the French language to be talking it with a French lady on the other side of the line, leaving me with the option of asking for someone who actually speaks English in France. The line is silent for a few seconds before a English speaker gets on the phone.

"Hello you are calling to the Shangri-La hotel, where your stay here is our pleasure. How may I help you?" The french man's accent is thick but fancy.

"I wanted to make a reservation in advanced." My voice is a little shaky for some reason. Maybe it's the whole idea of being in Paris that's settling in or how much money it'll cost. I've spent the whole day looking through hotels online trying to find the right one. Most of them are your typical stay in hotels but this one was special. To begin with it was the fanciest. Second, by the looks of it, it'll be the most expensive too. Money isn't really a problem here, give the fact that my dad has a couple thousand in my bank account for emergencies.

"Okay, what's your name sir?"

"Harry...Harry Styles."

"Do you want the reservation to be under only that name or another?" I don't hesitate to answer the following

"Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson please?" I ask politely. I look around my room to make sure my mum isn't eavesdropping into this whole shit.

"How long are you planning to stay Mr. Styles?" I didn't donate the few grand to the school for nothing.

"Two weeks."

"Two weeks?" He asks in amazement.

"Yes two weeks. Now on with the rest." I push.

"Two weeks is very expensive sir." I roll my eyes in desperation to get the call done with but this old bloke won't take yes for an answer.

"Do you want my money or not?" I hiss.

"Two weeks it is. When will you be staying at this hotel?"

"We'll arrive Tuesday on the thirty-first."

"All set. You're reservation is now made, if you have any change in mind please call."

"Yeah yeah. Bye." I hang up the phone. Now to wait and see the look on Louis' face once he sees the place I got for just us two.

"What are you planning to do in Paris?" I jump up startled at my mum's sudden appearance in my room. Should've known she was listening behind the door.

"Nothing!"

"You know what would be romantic?" She sits down next to me on the bed, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"What?"

"The Lock Bridge."

"The what?" Lock Bridge? In no way does that sound romantic, if anything it sounds like something you'd find in a prison. What would I know?

"It's a bridge, in Paris obviously, where you take a lock and lock it onto the fence of the bridge. Usually couples go there and lock their lock for each other with a lock. It's cheesy yes, but it's so romantic. After you lock the lock, you throw the key into the ocean."

"So you're locking your love to someone forever?"

"Exactly. You don't have to if you don't think Louis and you will end up being together." He's the only one I picture my life with. We're only teenagers in high school, I know that but my life was trashed and meaningless until he came along.

*Louis' POV*

It's been about an hour since the doctor took tests to get me cleared. My mum and I have been waiting in this small room filled with needles and devices I didn't know existed for the past hour.

"I'm coming in." The doctor knocks at the door.

"Well will I be able to go or not?" The frown on his face isn't very convincing about the idea of me going to Paris. I can feel my heart beat begin to accelerate and my palms start to get sweaty.

{Please vote and comment<3 Thank you for reading and hope you're all doing well :) ily}