Chapter 16

*Louis' POV*

"Are you going to break up with Lily?"

Harry says when we get back to the car.

"I- I don't know?"

"You have to."

He presses.

"I can't just go up to her and tell her I'm breaking up with her with no reason behind it."

I wave my hands up in front of me.

"But you do?"

"Harry, listen to yourself. I'm totally going to go up to her and tell her 'Hey Lily, I'm breaking up with you because I'm gay and I was just using you to make the guy I like jealous. No hard feelings.'"

"When you put it that way, just take out the gay part."

He chuckles and continues to drive. What am I going to do with Lily, she's such a sweet girl and popular too. If I could go back and not ask her out I would.

"Are those my clothes?"

I point out the clothes in the backseat from the day me and Harry ditched and ended up soaked. Why does he still have them in here? He looks at me and turns his head back.

"Um- I washed them for you."

I throw my head back in laughter.

"You don't even wash your own clothes?"

I can see him roll his eyes but I ignore the gesture.

"That was only these two weeks."

"Sure."

My tone sarcastic.

We both decide on going back to school. My grades aren't going to get any better by ditching school anymore than I already have.

"So are you going to dump Lily?"

Harry says as he walks alongside me to class.

"I have to don't I? Why are you so eager for me to break up with her so fast?"

His head is facing the ground and both of his hands are in the front pockets of his jeans.

"I can't stand someone else call you theirs."

What he says is slightly hearable. He says it under his breath but I still hear him. My heart flutters when he does. I'd never imagine hearing those kinds of words coming out of Harry's mouth, let alone hear him say them about me.

"What did you say?"

"Because you're just leading her on more."

He lies of course, although he does have a point.

"Fine."

The bell rings to go to 3rd period. I'm sure Lily will ask why I wasn't there at the end of first period to walk her.

I rush to try to catch up to her when I see her walking down the hall. Third period is her study hall period, I might as well take advantage of it.

"Hey!"

I call out behind her and she turns around.

"Hey."

She frowns.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

I pull her by her hand and walk to the library. I pull out the chair of the table for her to sit down. If you're going to dump her then you might as well be a gentleman before you do. She sits down and I follow, sitting right across from her.