Chapter 106

*Louis' POV*

"What happened?" I ask after hearing him scream into the phone. What has gotten into him? I stand up, walking over to him, the look on his face is saddening.

"Today's our last night here, in Paris. My father decided it was best if he took back the money. Louis I'm so sorry I didn't know my father would with-drawl the money." He struggles to get the words out. It's not his fault for his father's selfish actions, but he seems to be blaming it on himself. What should I care if we only have tonight and tomorrow morning here? All this city has brought us is trouble, the sooner we get out of here, the sooner things will get better. There shouldn't be a problem with leaving, we didn't have anything planned ahead and I'm glad.

"We can talk about that tomorrow. Besides, it doesn't matter, we didn't have any plans ahead." I answer honestly. Right now is no time to bring up problems right when we're fixing them. It's our last night here, why not make the time worth the while. "What was that, that you were about to say?" I'm quick to bring the conversation back to the topic I've been longing to talk about.

"I was trying to see if I was over Sam okay? Before you gave me that lock on my birthday, I had already bought one. Locking that lock on the bridge would mean that we would be committing ourselves into a long lasting relationship, maybe not forever but for a while. I wanted to make sure I was over Sam before I did that. When I say 'over Sam' I'm talking about the past, my past with him. Once you gave me the lock I was left with no option but to hurry up and get it over with. We all saw how that turned out. figured that was the only way to see if I was over it, guess I wasn't but now I swear I am." Harry admits. It's not all that bad, at least right now I don't think it is. Sam was a part of Harry's past, a bad past, but he's learned to get over it. Sadly, I can't go back and change everything that happened between the two of them, or fix his past. The only way I can assure myself that he is completely over him is out we put it to the test. Even if he isn't over it, I'll do my best at replacing his traumatic memory.

I step closer to him, grabbing his hand in mine. Softly, my fingers brush over his palm. I look down at it, biting my lip in between my teeth.

"So what you're saying is that the only way to find out if you were completely over the whole Sam thing was to have us switch roles, for me to take Sam's old role?" It sounds ridiculous but I know exactly what he was trying to do. It was for the best of our relationship.

"Uh yeah, yes." He seems a little confusion with my initiative in this conversation, stuttering with his words.

"And you say that you're sure you're over him and that past you had with him?" I ask one last time.

"I'm pretty sure." Pretty sure won't cut it.

"I know that you said that you don't fix problems with sex and that's not what I'm trying to do here but we can't be certain that you're over Sam unless we carry on with what we started the other day. Don't you think so? I just want to make sure of that." By now he should know exactly what I'm trying to do here, at least I hope so.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, we've only gotten back together." Yes we've only gotten back together, yes I want to take things slow, but this one time won't affect any of it.

"We're picking up where we left off. It's a rush, I know but it's our last night in Paris, oh so you say. Paris is the city of love, remember? That's exactly what we can do this last night." Make, love. It sounds cheesy and so cliché in my head, meaning it sound absurd if I said it out loud, therefore I keep it to myself.

"Right now?" Harry says, looking out the window and back at me.

"It's our last night isn't it?" I remind him. What's the point if we do it in the morning, nothing special about that. "Take a listen." I place my finger on his lips to stop him from speaking.