Chapter 83

*Louis' POV*

"Aren't you going to introduce me son?" His father says. He has such a similar voice, deep and raspy. Not to mention the looks, the same deep dimples are seen on both of them and the green eyes too! I can see the mixture of his mum and this man to end up with Harry, so much. I expected his dad to be somehow different, but no. He's the business, well suited kind of man. That being the total opposite if Harry.

"Louis this is Ryan, Ryan this is Louis." Harry waves his hand between his father and I. I greet the man with a smile, stretching my hand out to shake his.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Styles." I politely say to the man, I shake his hand with my hand slightly shaking. I attempt to do my best at keeping eye contact with "Ryan", it gives off a good impression so I've been told.

"I'm surprised Harry didn't introduce me as his dad. Just yesterday he was calling me that when he was asking for the money." Money? Why on earth would Harry be asking for money when he has everything he could ever want right there in his house. He lacks nothing, nothing at all.

"Ryan." Harry presses. I should be telling him not to call his father that but I understand why he does. His dad hasn't been there for him, well he has, just not in the right way. Money doesn't settle everything.

The tension and dislike between the two can be felt and seen from afar. Zayn stands there in silence with his head down avoiding any interaction with either of them. He rubs the back of his neck with his hand, similar to how Harry does when he's in this kind of situation. Zayn and him might not be biologically related, but it sure looks like they have so many similarities.

I see Harry clenching his jaw while looking at his father. Either Harry is hiding something or he still holds that big of a grudge against his father. Wouldn't be surprised if it was both.

"Are those for the trip to Paris?" Harry's father points to the bags me and Harry are holding. Harry looks down at the bag and is quick to move it behind his back. At this point I really don't know what he's trying to hide from his father. I get the point that he doesn't want to tell him about us but why is he acting like this? "Can we talk Harry?" His father speaks again. I turn to see Harry rolling his eyes in frustration, steeping aside with his father from where me and Zayn stand.

This whole situation is awkward. Zayn is standing there with a shamed look, Harry and his father are arguing in front of a store. The only thing that would make it worse was if there were actually people here. Only a few old ladies can be seen walking through this hell hole as Harry calls it. Zayn and I stand there awkwardly until he finally starts talking.

"I'll take this opportunity to aplogise to you Louis. If that's okay?" This isn't the same Zayn I met a few weeks back. Zayn isn't, wasn't the type to talk like this let alone dress like he is.The printed tee and the khaki pants with the tennis shoes is in contrast with the black leather jacket and the biker boots. Not to mention the lack of piercings. This look is good for him though. He might be less intimidating but at least he doesn't have to try so hard to be so. His features have become somewhat softer, making him look like a nicer more humble person. Maybe that's what scared Lily off, making her not want to date him. This change is good for him, I hope.

"Okay." I say in a whisper. He clears his throat and takes in a deep breath.

"That day was not supposed to be like that. Maybe it was a good thing to be honest. I'm not saying the whole fight thing was good, only the part of you finding out what happened between him and Lily. It was for the best, you have to admit that. Still that wasn't a reason to go after Harry. If I would've known that you were going to take the hit for Harry I would have never done what I did." He's going to keep apologising if I don't stop him. I can see his eyes mellow as he goes on with his sincerity, meaning he really does mean what he's saying. Where the hell did the real Zayn go?

"It's fine Zayn. No hard feelings." I interrupt his talking.

"You sure?" He says, raising both of his brows.

"Yes Zayn, I'm sure. Say, did you ever work things out with Lily?" I bring up Lily to change the subject and stop Zayn from asking if I'm sure that every things fine between us two.

"Uh a bit yeah. She's been the one who's helped me get out of my bad habits and looks. Since the party we actually started talking and I think she's really getting to see the good in me. She's made me realise what a good person I really am, and so did the training camp I was sent to." He chuckles at the mention of the training camp, revealing his bright and rare smile that no one ever sees. "We've become really close ever since. Now that I think of it, she kind of flirts with me. It might be in my head but she gives me hope of there being an 'us' between me and her." Zayn is head over heels for this girl. This girl that caused him and I pain. Lily is a sweet girl if you think about it. Her kindness goes unknown due to the popularity that surrounds her, leaving her with no choice but to not talk to everyone that comes her way. I'm sure if she had the time to interact with everyone she would. Zayn was one of those many souls that went unnoticed from her because of it all.

"Sooner or later you'll be out in school holding hands with her. Don't let your hopes up, I can see there being a future for you two." I reassure him in an attempt to make him feel better about himself. Me and Zayn aren't really close but I think this was what was missing. It would happen eventually, acknowledging the fact that him and Harry are step-brothers.

He gives me a small smile and quickly lays his lips flat again. The only obvious reason is that Harry is coming back from his little discussion with his father.

I stand corrected when Harry walk back over to us. I turn to see his father walking the opposite way, pissed off and annoyed.

"See you later." Zayn waves his hand in a shy manner before following his step-dad out the mall.

"What happened? I ask Harry. The annoyance is clear in his face when I ask about what happened with his father and him. I can't help but ask.

"I'll tell you when we're getting food." He in-twines his fingers with mine with no hesitation what so ever. The simple gesture making my stomach flutter and the unpreventable flushing of my cheeks.

After ordering our food and grabbing our trays, we sit at the dar end table of the food court where no on can see us.

"I was the one who donated the money to have the stay in France extended. There I said it." His eyes are focused on the plate of food as he twirls his fork with the string pasta.

My mind instantly becomes cluttered with questions. How he got the money, when this happened, how it happened.

"Why?" The question sounding more uninterested than concerned.

"I wanted this trip to last long, longer than a week. If we could spend a month there, I'd take that chance. I didn't want you to think that I was more interested in the trip than me but I was and still am. You didn't give a care in the world about it but I did. And I wanted to make this special, for us. Yeah yeah I'm not the romantic type and shit but this is as close as I can get. Before you say anything about me taking the money back, I won't do it."

"Why are you telling me this now?" I have no initial reaction to his confession.

"After I heard you say how an amazing and kind person that did the deed was I wanted to tell you it was me." His cheeks are flushed and his hands shaking. "I tried Louis." His voice cracking at my name. Does he think that I don't like what he's done? Is this why he's trembling and his cheeks are red? Not for second do I want him to think that. This is the kindest thing Harry has done for me, for anyone. Donating the money wasn't just for the well being of me and him. It was for the other students too. Harry has only been nice to me only because I'm his boyfriend but he doesn't realise the good he's doing for everyone else. People don't know this about Harry, the thing that makes him a wonderful human being. Everyone thinks so low of him, little do they know. Harry should be recognised for his good deed, and I'm going to make sure that happens.

"It was stupid I-" He begins to bash on himself but before he can I take his face in between both of my hands and lean against and over the table, crashing his lips onto mine.

{Please vote and comment<3 I'm going to try my best at updating tomorrow. Tomorrow I have my first exam (English) and I have to pass it to graduate, so wish me luck! Haha anyway thanks for 700k reads! Hope you're all doing good and sorry for the lack of updates lately. Lore ya 💕}