Chapter 123

{KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE, SO THERE'S A CHAPTER AFTER THIS ONE. DONT FORGET TO VOTE FOR THIS ONE! ☺️}

Songs for this chapter

- Human - Christina Perri

- Everything I Didn't Say - 5SOS

*Dominic's POV*

"It was me at that party, I'm the one who's gay."

The bickering and deep gasps suddenly echo throughout the gym. "It was you?" Jack shouts, standing up from the bleachers, making his way towards me.

"Yeah," I lie yet again, but only for Louis

No, it wasn't me at the party and I'm not sure if I'm gay, but this is all I can do to stop Louis from being outed by someone else. After I got word that someone took my place to out Louis after I had backed out, I couldn't risk it. If I had any chances at dating Louis before all this happened, they're gone now and they would've been gone if I wouldn't have backed out too.

Jack and Tristan both stand in front of me, staring me up and down with the most disgusted look. If this is what Louis would've had to face if he were in my position, I would've never forgiven myself.

"Well," Jack leans closer to me, his mouth right next to my ear, "you know we're going to make your life miserable for the next four months. And I think you know why." He begins walking around me, his eyes glued to me as he as he continues to walk, just like a vulture looking down at his prey.

My knees become weak within a few seconds, scared of what he has in store. I never thought people around here were this, this cruel and cold about being different. The amount of guilt that's starting to accumulate inside me, just thinking about how Louis would feel being here instead of me, is truly heartbreaking. He didn't deserve to be here, he was was nothing but nice to me this whole time. I betrayed his trust and by the looks of it, it seems as if he did the same to Harry.

I should've known he and Harry had something going on, it was so obvious but I was in denial. There was no doubt in my mind that Louis was, in fact, gay. I guess I didn't want to hurt him because he was just too nice. Now I've ruined our friendship and his relationship with Harry, he'd never take me back even as a friend. I'm such an idiot.

"Are you fucking listening, you faggot!" Tristan yells in my face. When he does, I don't bother looking up, I keep my eyes glued to the floor, not wanting to see his or Jack's faces.

"Yeah," I say under my breath.

"No you clearly didn't! So I guess I'll say them again," he says, lowering his voice. "Don't try to think that this is just because you're a faggot, you're a little lying bitch too." Jack spits in my face this time, then signals for me to leave the gym. But I won't go without a fight, even if I lose.

"No," I say, raising my head. "No I won't leave because you're telling me. I'm going to leave this gym because I don't want to be around all you homophobic shits. Don't you guys realize how immature and judgmental you are. Just a few days ago you were all fine with me, no problems between any of us. I'm the same person and just because I've told you my sexuality, doesn't make me any different than the person I was yesterday. And maybe I'm not the only one how's gay or bisexual, for all I know, one of you could be hiding it yourself, you just haven't realized it." I shout, standing up to all of them.

No one says anything, they all keep quiet, still sitting down on the bleachers. Tristan and Jack stand there without saying a word either, their cheeks are flushed in anger but that's it.

It turn around, my back to them as I start to walk away. Before I'm halfway out of the gym, I turn back around to finish what I have to say. "You might all make my life a living hell from now on, but that doesn't stop me from being captain on this damn team. And unless you want me to tell my father about this and get you all kicked off, then I suggest you stop with your fucking games and keep this wrestling team as it was." I say, silencing them all for good. Without another word, I exit the gym, not bothering looking back. Right outside it, the last person I expected to see again is standing there waiting.