Chapter 129

Songs for this chapter -

Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap

Nothing Like Us - Justin Bieber

Our Last Days - The Fray

*Harry's POV*

"I'm not going back to who I was a month ago. I don't want to be that vulnerable, sappy fuck, because that's not who I want to be, understood? And no amount of words, sob stories, bullshit, will get to me." I spit at him.

There comes a time in life where you find out who you want to be, and I've finally come to realize exactly who that is. With Louis, I felt vulnerable, like I depended on him for happiness, and as much as I hate to say it, I loved that but I can't always rely on him. Maybe I am being hard headed about what I feel for him, but I'm just putting my guard up. I've been hurt too many times before, I don't want to go through it again. Because that burning feeling in your chest, fucking hurts.

"Fine, be the person you want to be Harry. No one one is going to stop you anymore. You'll go your way and I'll go mine." Louis sighs, turning his gaze away from me. Of course he'd act this way, he's been acting this way. Somehow he's turned into a bitch in a month, so maybe it is best that I be the person I am now. He's turned into a bitch, I've turned into an asshole, everyone's happy.

"Is Dominic joining you on your way? After all you two did do you know what, didn't you?" I hiss at him, hoping to get a comeback, but nothing good comes from it. I've known about him being with Dominic this month, I'm not stupid. If it weren't for people like Liam who actually have my back, I wouldn't know.

"No, didn't. Nothing happened, I haven't even heard a word from him since he left." he lies, he's always lying, just like Liam said. Louis literally just told me that he got fucked by him, now he's telling me he lied? Everything Liam said would happen, so he was right, I don't know Louis at all, even if I thought I did.

My chest begins to rise faster, my breathing starting to pick up the pace. I've grown tired of Louis' selfish excuses and lies. The best thing is that now that I've realized it, it's the perfect time to forget about him and let go. "You're lying. You're always lying and you don't stop lying, do you? Do you expect me to think you're not lying now, because I sure as hell know you are." I can't help raising my voice at him.

"What are you talking about?" he asks, staring at me as if he's clueless, another act.

"Pretending to be clueless, typical." I huff, walking away.

Before I can get a fair distance away from Louis, he pulls me back by gripping onto my arm and stopping me. "Harry, would it matter if I was lying or not? You've made it clear that you don't want me in your life anymore, haven't you?" he asks with his brows slanted downward. I look down at him in complete silence. He's right, that's what I want and I shouldn't care. I shouldn't care if he's sleeping with someone else, or if he's happy with them, I'm just being bitter about it because I know that person that is making him happy isn't me.

Louis doesn't stay quiet for long, not until he's taking a deep breath and thought about what he has to say. "Let me ask you one thing, Harry. All I need is a yes or no, that's all I'm asking for and I'll leave you alone." the intensity of his question makes me tense, worrying about what it is he's wanting an answer for. I shouldn't be worried if he's irrelevant to me, but I am.

You love him and you know it, but do you love him enough to let him be happy without you? my subconscious speaks to me,

I agree to his plead, nodding my head and wait for what he has to say.