Chapter 136

Songs for this chapter -

Find a Way - Safesuit

*Harry's POV*

Alone again, skies dark and cloudy, roads wet with rain. He went searching for the driest of places for the night so he could rest the pain away. Laid down on a bench underground, it was the only place he had, but just for now. Hour and hour again, he tossed and turned, brows knitted, eyes screw shut trying his best to get him off his mind. Oh, he was elated with just the idea of going back and having him in his arms, something that could've been done months ago but hadn't found the strength to do so until now. Had he made this whole dilemma harder than it was? Perhaps it was an excuse so he wouldn't have to conquer his fear, his new one, seeing the boy he loved most with someone else. "I can't stand someone else call you theirs,", he meant the words he said, and he wasn't about to let it happen. It might have taken months to realize it, the worst things in life come free to us, but what about the best things? The best things are the ones that one has to fight for, no matter what. One cannot simply let go of such a precious treasure, it may be simple to do so, it's hard to hold on, but the best thing if holding on and going through that pain is that it's worth it in the end.

In his sleep, memories of the best moments in his life flashed in his head, he was in all of them.

....

"Put him down Zayn."

"Thank you." he stutters, his eyes falling to the floor.

"This never happened and don't you ever tell anyone about this."

...

"Remember when you told me how you've never kissed anyone?"

"Yeah?"

"What if I change that?"

"How?"

...

"I love you Louis." the first time those three most important words were spilled, right then and there.

...

Countless memories flashed before his eyes, making his desire to see the love of his life, only grow. He could've sworn his heart kept skipping beats, oh, he was ecstatic. And for once in a long time, the smile that was spreading across his face was genuine, the crinkles at the corner of his eyes were visible, he was happy, and just with the thought of him, of seeing him again, touching him again, feeling his embrace, breathing the same air, feeling his heart best against his, having him in his arms once more. It was said this boy would never come back to reality, but he did, and was ready to overcome any hardship, whatever it may be, he was ready.

~

Sleeping inside a metro station is not the most comfortable of places, but at least it was dry. The four hours of sleep I was able to get were all cut by me waking up, tossing and turning, my head only focused on one thing. How can one sleep when there are so many fucked up things in real life that you're worrying about? The thought if it makes you wish you could sleep forever and not want to face reality, but what good would that do.

Today will be a good day, no doubt about it.

Standing up from the bench, I grab my journal along with my jacket and stride out of the metro station. If it weren't for the lack of transportation and money, maybe I could've been home by now, things don't always work out the way you want them to, especially when you're on the run. With my pockets inside out with no money inside, I'm left with no other choice than to go back to the halls and take the blame for what happened last night. I can only hope that Luke will find it in his heart to forgive what I did, then again if I was in his position, I wouldn't want to.