Chapter 22

*Louis' POV*

A smirk spreads across his face when he leans in. He gets closer and closer but before he can do anything I stop him when I see a familiar face behind him from inside the restaurant. Their eyes are wide and clearly shocked by the sight.

The blonde hair with the brown roots sticks up, Niall. When he takes in the sight he drops the dirty plates that his hands were holding. The white apron wrapped around his waist and the white button up shirt gives it away that he's a waiter here. You can hear the plates break on the floor from the outside. I can see that everyone inside turns to look at him. His stare moves away from me and to the floor where the plates must be in pieces.

"What's wrong?"

Harry searches for my eyes and realizes I'm looking to whatever is in back of him. Harry tries to turn around but I stop him. I don't want him to have to worry about all this. I can't have this ruin the perfectly good night.

"N-Nothing. It's getting late and it's a long way back. We should just get going."

Harry lets out a sigh of frustration and walks over to his side of the car, slamming the door after he gets in. Something always ruins these moments.

I get inside the car after him, closing the door but not slamming it like Harry. If it was my car I would.

Harry pulls out and drives away. The whole drive home is quiet until I fall asleep. We're home before I know it. Harry wakes me up by shaking my shoulder.

"Oh sorry."

I stumble out of the car, not fully awake yet. I walk to the front door to unlock it and go inside. My mum's not home yet which means she's probably out shopping with Anne. I walk inside turning on the lights as I make my way up to my room. Harry follows me to my room and he grabs his shirt from the floor.

"Are you going to change?"

I ask Harry when he places his dirty shirt under his arm.

"No. I'm leaving."

"Leaving? Why?"

The desperateness clear in my voice.

"My mum knows already so what's the point of hiding it?"

"But you told your mum this morn-"

"I want to go home ok. Just let it go. One night was enough. Besides you have school tomorrow."

His tone is harsh but he has a point. If he stays we'll end up talking all night long.

He walks out of my room and starts to walk downstairs. I know I shouldn't cling to him but I can't help it. I walk behind him to the front door until he's stepped foot outside.

"Are you still up for the sessions tomorrow?"

I blurt out when he walks to his car.

He stops and turns his head back slightly, only enough for me to see half of his eye and part of the smirk that covers his face. He nods and walks over to his car and drives off.

It was obvious he was upset about tonight and I did want to tell him why I did what I did but I couldn't. I walk back to my room and lay on my bed to continue the nap I was awakened from.

...

The sound of my alarm fills my room. I roll over and hit the snooze button, it's only 7:15 am. Now that Harry doesn't go to school anymore I don't have to go early just to see him by my locker. I end up waking up late after. The clock reads 8:20 am. Second period starts at 8:45 am, I'm going to get there late unless my mum takes me. I remember my mum not being home yesterday when I got here?