Chapter 132

Songs for this chapter -

Wherever this goes - The Fray

Slow - Grouplove

*Harry's POV*

"Where would you be without me, huh? You'd probably be lost, sitting in a corner or some shit like that. The least you could do is to have lunch on you today." Luke lets out a laugh, throwing his head back.

"You're right, you're right. Lunch is on me then, just for today, otherwise I'll be broke by the end of the week. You're a pig, Harry." he says as we continue walking on campus, looking around at the other students who seem to be lost themselves.

"We've known each other for a week and that's the only impression you have of me? Shit, would've expected a little more, ya know?" I joke, making Luke giggle. From the corner of my eye, I can see him turn his head towards me, staring with a smile on his face, then looking back to the path ahead.

"Not the only one," he begins, "By the looks of it, the ladies really fancy you. I don't get why you keep pushing them away. I swear it's like the whole time I've been here, there hasn't been a day where at least one girl doesn't come up to you and try to talk. Honestly, I wouldn't expect them to come running back after you've rejected as many times as you have. So, I guess,bin a way you're charming too. Any other guy would just shoo them away but you're actually gentile with them and kindly object to whatever it is they ask." His honesty takes my by surprise. I didn't think he picked up on those small gestures, I didn't even realize it myself. But am I really charming?

Of course you are

My subconscious says, reminding me of the first person who ever pointed that trait out, him.

Luke and I have continued walking, silence is the only thing that's coming out from either of us. My head is too busy spinning, battling these thoughts that are clouding my way of thinking, keeping me from responding to Luke's compliment, making me seem like a complete asshole. One would obviously thank the person who has given the compliment, but I just can't find the words, not for this.

"You know," Luke says, breaking the silence, " it's not fair how I've told you about myself, and you haven't said anything besides your name and age. Don't you think you owe it to me? You can't seriously blame me for not having more than one of two first impressions of you. Let loose, speak a little." he tries to smile, pushing me away by my arm in a playful manner.

I know he's been open with me, not as open as I would want him to, but open enough for me to know who he is. This whole week has been nothing but just talking about him, getting to know him. The day after he moved in, we started talking more and more. By the third day, we were having lunch together at the small place by the front of the campus. If I was being honest with myself, he's nothing like him. During the time with him this week, I've been trying to convince myself not to replace Louis with Luke, because honestly, they're not the same person. I don't want Louis to take Sam's place and I don't want Luke to find out about Sam, and if I told him about Louis, I don't know what he'd say. Even though Luke has been so honest with me, I just can't bring myself into telling him everything about me. I'm trying my best to take the slow approach, the last thing I want is to rush things like I did with Louis, and now I question myself if that's what went wrong between us two.

During the time Luke and I have started talking, I've been reconsidering a few things, just in case they don't work out like I want them to. A part of me says to go and make a move, and the other part of me keeps screaming to stay away because I'll just end up screwing everything up again. It's been a week and I don't even know if we share the same sexual preference or not, I know everything except that. He's told me about where he came from, and part of his life story. According to him, he's lived in London his whole life, born and raised. He mentioned going to school north of here and what it was at home. His story didn't amaze me, not one bit. When I first met him I would've expected him to say something negative about his life, but the way he would describe it, it seemed perfect. He has a mum and dad that have been married for twenty years, a brother who is a doctor and well there's him. He's always been an average student, nothing big, and his family is quite wealthy. By what he told me and how he dresses and acts, it's like he's given everything at hand and never has to work for it. I'm not trying to throw him under the bus or be hypocritical, but his life has been so easy, no bumps on the road, it's all been smooth. His life story is kind of what keeps me from telling him about me and being up front. Never in a million years would he be able to understand what I've gone through, ever. Knowing this, I just haven't been able to even approach the topic.