// Shy

I was currently in college, and I only had a few friends because of the lack of time I used for getting out. I was a very shy person, including them at some times.

But over time I got more shy around my bestfriend Mark. We always studied together and he had always bought what I liked, even when I didn't want it. "Here have this," he said sitting across from me. "I'm your bestfriend, I should know what you like the most," his smile was so perfect.

"Hm," I hummed to him and grabbed the guide we were supposed to be studying at the moment. "When was Moby Dick published?" I asked quietly. I knew he could here me though, the AC was in the living room, as we were in the dining room table.

"1851, by Herman Melville?" Mark asked me unstead of answering.

"Are you telling me, or asking me?" I asked hiding my face.

"Telling you."

"Good."

"You know what? Since you're being really quiet, why don't we study by ourselves? Then we can hang and watch a movie or something," he asked me.

I nodded with no words slipping from my mouth. It sounded wonderful to me. I studied long and hard for about an hour, or till the point I was brain dead. I got up and made myself a snack before I went into the nice, chilly, livingroom. "Mark?" I called him.

He walked in and put his things in his bag. Papers and all.  He took a seat next to me on the couch and we turned my xbox on (or whatever game counsel with YouTube, Netflix, and any watching thinger). Mark quickly flipped to Netflix and turned on my favorite movie, (f/m). "This is what you like, isn't  (Y/N)? Your favorite?"

"Yes Mark," I smiled, nodding at him. He went to my bedroom and grabbed some blankets that were in my closet. This hinted that he wanted to lay down.

"You can sit and be pillow, or lay with me," Mark smiled. I sat down and he rested his head on my lap and caressed my knee.

It tickled.

"Stop," I scowled.

He chuckled. "Okay."

I played with the red floof on top of his head. Braiding small strands of his hair. And just treating him like a cat or dog.

He's so cute..

"Hey (Y/N)?" Mark looked up at me. "Why don't you lay down?" His face was serious. "Please?"

I gave in without saying a word. "Can we fold the couch out though, I want..I want room," I looked down at the floor.

"Yeah," Mark got up and threw the blankets on the floor and took the cushions off of the couch, and folded the bed out. He then grabbed the blankets again and let me go under all of them. He pulled me closer to him and let me use him as my very own pillow, although the back was already flipped up. What he didn't know is that my cheeks we flared red, like cherries. "Is this okay?" He asked me.

"Y-yeah."

He chuckled, "good."

So goddamn cute..

The further the movie got, the more Mark had pulled me up to get warm. "It's so cold, what's your AC on?!" He asked.

"66," I whispered.

"Oh wow," he said. "Then why is it so cold?"

"I don't..know," I continued to watch the movie.

"You know, your shyness is really cu-"

Someone knocked on the door making me get up and answer it. "Hel- Leo?! Hey!" I seemed to know this person standing at the door. A highschool friend.

"Hey! I wanted to let you know I'm in town for a week, and I'd like to see you," Leo stated.

"Well she's got me over right now," the man who was supposed to be watching a movie, approached me and my highschool friend. My cheeks tinted pink.

"I'm not trying to pick her up dude, we've already tried, but we didn't want to ruin our friendship," Leo said smiling. "Aren't you Mark?"

"Yeah?"

"She's told me so much things about you," Leo chuckled. "She told me about how much she likes you and, how cute she thinks you are."

I hid my face in my hands. "Leo!" I whined.

"Well, someone was supposed to confess. Right (Y/N)?"

"Leo! I didn't ask you to," I backed away. Mark still staring at me.

"See you later then. I'll leave you two alone," Leo left, winking.

"(Y/N)," Mark started to walk towards me as I was still backing away. "(Y/N), why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"I-I don't know i-if y-you have mu-mutual feelings," I started to stutter.

"Is that why you're so quiet around me? 'Cause you're always smiling and talking when you're around the girls," Mark said.

"Y-yes," I said uncovering an eye. My cheeks were red as cherries and it wouldn't go away.

"Well I do have mutual feelings," he smiled and grabbed my wrists, taking them away from my face. "I've always thought you were so cute, and so nice, ever since we met on the first day of college," his face got closer to mine and inches away. I sqeezed my eyes shut. I felt something moist hit my lips softly, and lift up, "I love you (FULL NAME)."

Something hit me and it sent butterflies up my spine. "I love you too, Mark Edward Fischbach."