//meet mark, dad

"I MAY NOT KNOW MY FLOWERS, BUT I KNOW A BITCH WHEN I SEE ONE"

okay, heres the song

Charlie Puth - Boy

(This sounds really good in my car tbh)

"I am younger than Mark, yes," I looked at my dad, but I really love him, and he wants to meet you.

"He's 6 years older than you (Y/N)."

"Mom was 10 years younger than you Dad."

"Touché."

"Still, he'd like to meet you. And, guess where he took me on our first date a little over a year ago?"

"Where?" His eyes lit up.

"Margos," I smiled as my dads face lit up even more. He took my mom there for every date they went on, even on the last few remaining times he could. "He didn't even ask me where I wanted to go, but I talked about it a lot."

"He better be a very special man."

"He is dad, I promise. Mark?"

The man I had fallen in love with stepped in from the living room. "Hello sir."

"Hello young man, you must be the Mark she talks about?"

"Yessir."

"I know you know a little bit more about love than her I suppose? Past relationships, maybe even toxic ones?" My dad started. "Please love her as much as she loves you, don't run on her, let her be deeply in love with you."

"I'm deeply in love with your daughter," Mark looked at the floor.

"Do you plan to marry her?"

"Someday."

I smiled. "You have your mother's smile."

"Sir, I know your wife has passed, and so has my father. I will try my best to comfort her when things are down, and I promise if she needs help, I'll be there. My mom and dad divorced, but my mom always says I have my dads smile and laugh."

My dad chuckled. "Son, thank you."

"I told you you would like him."

"I'm a 59 year old man, it's rare to like anyone at this age."

"Mark and I are moving in together," I proclaimed. "I didn't want you to worry about who I'm living with, and I didn't him to be a complete stranger to you as long as he has."

"Why haven't you visited or called anyways?"

"I had a job that took up all my time, so I couldn't do much, but I just got another one, giving me a ton more time to spend with the two of you."

"Closer?"

"Mark and my job are very close to here," I smiled. "We'll be visiting a lot."

"Good."

late father's day type thing (this was from june)

A/N: This was supposed to be that thing that tells you not to leave your parents in a clouded memory.