//Troubling

I look like a granny, so I'm giving you the granny picture I took yo.

Everyone thought he was cool in high school, and he eventually did grow up to be what he wanted. He's got everything; fortune, fame, the whole shabang. Unfortunately, I was the one he picked on. He was mean. He called me multiple names, and let the whole school know about his awful rumors about me. I'm not afraid to say I'm scared of him, not entirely, I'm just scared I'll be called those horrifying words again. "(Y/N)? Long time no see!" My best friend from high school latched onto me; however, it was literally a day ago that we had seen each other.

"Loser," I rolled my eyes with a smirk.

"Ten whole years since that fateful day," Josie announced, putting her hands into the air. "I can't believe it's been that long, wow."

"You can't stay in school forever," I smiled. "I'm glad we aren't."

"Get your hopes up, he's a gentleman now, as to what I've heard."

I never planned on hurting you, but I thought it was the best way to keep other boys away from you. I had the biggest crush on you in school and I blew it the first time I ever talked to you. I called you badly thought of words and I shouldn't have. I was an naive kid, I didn't know what to do, and I don't know if I can say this to your face.

"You didn't know? He made an apology video a couple of years ago just to you," Ryan, one of his best friends smiled to me. "You should watch it sometime, I would forgive him if I was bullied by him."

"I told you," Josie smiled. "Gentleman."

"I would only believe it if he said the whole thing to my face, in person. Yet, I'd probably run in fear, to be honest."

"Ugh, you don't know how people can change, do you?"

"Pft."

"My husband was a douchebag in high school, but I married him because he's nice and loving, and I forgot about the past."

"He's your husband though, he became your lifelong friend. Not only that, but he gave you children."

"Don't have a kid at 23, right before graduation of college."

"I'm twenty seven, you moron."

"It's the thought that counts."

"You're stupid."

Josie pointed over to the punch bowl and found who we were talking about. He was scratching the back of his head, and had a bouquet of flowers in his hands, and every time a girl would go after them he would yank them away. "I just spoke with Mark, and he's looking for you."

"I'm just worried he's just making a sce-"

"There you are," Mark walked up with a smile.

I'm sorry that I was a jerk, and possibly ruined your whole high school experience. I was just, stupid to say this but, protecting you; I was jealous. I'm so sorry, and I hope that you can...you can forgive me.

"M-Mark."

"I'm sorry," he handed me the flowers. Everyone began to stare. "I'm so sorry, that I said shit things, and understand that I did make rumors up, stupid ones that I should have never said. I was an asshole, I know, and I don't understand why I would do such cruel things to someone that I li-"

Josie pushed me into Mark. I ended up hugging him. "It's okay."

"Good," he returned it. "I really want a future with you in it, so please, do the honor and being my friend, even though-"

"We've had shitty years? It's good Mark, it doesn't really bother me after that apology."

He smiled.

To be continued...