// Caring!Ethan x Reader

I actually didn't want to make a part two to that last one because I try to make Mark loyal af.

However, we have to make angst every once in a while. And a little happiness with it yo.

(Just cheating, no kids,
Kids are meant to be happy)

He got up to use the restroom and left his phone on the nightstand. The blinking green light bothered me and it was temping to check it, and so, I did, as any other curious girl. The phone turned on and I swiped to the left, revealing a message from an Amy, with a heart next to her name. I clicked it and it went straight to the messages.

Amy: Tomorrow night seems good ;). How about eight?

Mark: I'll have to tell my wife I'm going away on a trip or something ;).

I noticed he came out of the bathroom and I layed his phone back on the table. I rolled back over and acted as if I fell asleep. He laughed softly, it sounded reassuring, but now I knew it was an act.

The next morning I woke up later than usual. Mark was packing his things and getting ready to go. "I'm going to be gone for a week in Boston. I'll make sure to message you a few times, okay?" He kissed my forehead.

I shook my head. I knew it was a lie.

All lies.

Last week's trip.

Going out with Ethan and Tyler.

Working overtime.

All lies.

It was hard to convince myself, but knew it was true. I felt like I was the other women. "See you next week hon," I could hear him call before closing the door behind him.

And that's when my heart began to ache. Tears began to swell up into my eyes. My thoughts started to race.

Mark and I have been married for three years, how long has he been with her?

Is this because I'm not ready for kids?

Do I disatisfy him?

My phone buzzed. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, it's Ethan. Do you want to hang out today?"

"I thought you guys were going to Boston?" I mocked Mark. "Since that's what Mark says."

"No? Did he say that?"

"Did you know that Mark was seeing another girl? An Amy chick?"

"Whoa! Mark said she was his cousin. That's why they're always smiling at each other. How about you, are you always working?"

"I work from nine to one, Monday through Thursday. I don't work for very long."

"I didn't expect this from Mark.. (Y/N), I'll be over in a little bit, okay?"

"That's fine."

"Is it okay of I bring some stuff over?"

"That's cool with me," I smiled. "I just want to know more about Mark and the girl he's with."

"It doesn't bother me."

"Can you buy me a McFlurry too?"

"I'll try," he chuckled. "I'll be there in a bit."

"Thank you."

"Of course! Bye!"

"Bye."

I put my phone back on the night stand and looked up at the pure white ceiling. I stared at it and pulled the covers over my overly exposed body. I had garments on, but they didn't help much. My phone began buzzing again. I checked it and it seemed Mark had tagged me in someone on Facebook.

I'll be gone from my amazing wife for a week. I'll miss her, even for the short amount of time.

I put the phone down and started to hit the bed with my fists as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Oh god why'd it have to be me!" I yelled out. It's just a dream.

I heard the front door open and I covered myself up, head and all. "Hello? (Y/N), where are you?"

"I'm in the bedroom!" I shouted.

Ethan started up the stairs. "I brought you the McFlurry you wanted," he smiled, wiggling it in his hand.

Ethan came and sat down on the bed and pressed his thumb on my shoulder softly. "So when did they first start hanging out, around you?"

"That was about three months ago," he scratched the back of his head. "You know, I didn't know about this, and if I did I would have tried to stop it," Ethan exclaimed.

"You would've told me, I know."

A week passed. Ethan and I acted as normal friends, like I was Mark's replacement for the week.

The doorknob jiggled. Mark busted into the house. "Get out!" He shouted.

"Who?" I started to get up.

"That mother fucking son-of-a-bitch sitting next to you!" He got closer. "He doesn't need to be near my wife!" Ethan stood up.

"It's not like I've been kissing on her."

"But you were thinking about it, weren't you?" Mark glared at Ethan.

I gotten between the two and pushed them apart. "Stop it Mark!" I yelled. "What's it to you if I hang out with a friend? You're the one going off and cheating on me with that women!" I started to push him away. His eyes grew wide. "I'm unsatisfying, aren't I?"

Mark looked down in shame.

"(Y/N), do you love me?"

Trendy