//The Allergy Attack

Ethan decided he wanted to take both Mark and I out to dinner. Mark and I haven't seen each other for a while now, due to the constant videos he had to record, edit, then upload.

We went to Jennys, a homestyle restaurant, not too far from where we all live. We took our seats, close to the cold windows that have us a pleasant scene of snow falling from the bright white sky. "We'll all have a Diet Coke, thank you," Ethan spoke. He sat on the other side of the table. "So, how's my favorite couple doing?" His smile plastered across his face.

"Ethan, we're not a couple," Mark spoke for me.

"Yet," Ethan rose his index finger in the air.

I sighed. "We barely even get to see each other anymore anyways. We're more or less friends," I shrugged my shoulders. I do miss hanging out with Mark, I'll admit it.

Ethan just smiled like neither of us said a word. Our drinks came, and we ordered our meals, including our desserts. "Are you sure you want the fudge brownie?" Mark asked Ethan.

"Of course dude, brownies are the shit," he slapped the table.

"Alright, if you say so."

Our meal came then. "Thank you," I smiled to our waitress.

"Of course ma'am! Anything else?" She was young, teenager, young.

"No thank you." Meanwhile, I was twenty-six.

Ethan bit into his brownie and made a sound of delight, which soon turned into sounds of terror, as he couldn't breath. "(Y/N), call 911, now!" Mark yelled.

I dialed the number into my phone. "Hello, 911, what is your emergency?"

"Hi, um, my friend Ethan is having an allergic reaction! It's very serious, I, I think there might have been nuts inside it or something!"

"Ma'am, where are you?"

"Jenny's Homestyle Restaurant on Monroe Street," I said quickly.

"An ambulance is on it's way."

"Thank you so much!"

A few minutes later, paramedics came rushing in.

Mark and I drove to the hospital behind the ambulance. Ethans face was still puffy and red when we entered his hospital room. He wasn't awake, however, and just layed there. "He might be a little out of it for a little while, but you're welcome to stay," the nurses walked out.

"Shithead," Mark said softly. "Pay attention next time."

"Oh quit, he was just excited to take us out for dinner you know," I walked up close to Mark. "Ethans always been that way, ever since we were kids."

"You were cousins, right?"

"Yeah. We were always at each other's houses."

"Hm," Mark chuckled softly. Mark turned to me and looked at me with his big brown eyes. His lips pecked mine, and he looked back at Ethan.

"Funny of you to do that," I smiled.

"How so?"

"Just is."

"Why? Because I'm actually, and always have been in love with you?"

"Maybe," I snickered.

Mark's arms wrapped around my body as we sat in chairs for Ethan. It was late now, he still hadn't said anything. "(Y/N)?" Mark spoke up.

"What is it?"

"I know this is probably a bad time to ask this; but, do you want to go on a date with me sometime? Without Ethan, he could do this again, you know."

I snickered. "That's fine with me."

I fell asleep next to Mark in the middle of the movie The Vow. The nurses also gave us warm blankets, and drinks. Mark walked to the cafeteria to get something to eat.

"(Y/N)~!" I could hear Ethans annoying morning voice.

"Look, Ethan isn't dead," Mark lifted my chin and pointed at the boy.

"Oh great," I put my head back where it was on Mark's chest. "Leave me alone."

Ethan fakely whimpered. "You want me dead?"

"No, cowface."

"But you love me right?" Mark asked.

"Maybe."

"My plan, was successful."

"Fuck off," Mark spoke, chuckling.

"I was kidding!"