//The Phantom

Yes, I recolored the picture if you're wondering, AND I'M IN LOVE WITH IT.

I have nothing against any of Marks friends that I would have used (like Ryan, Ryler, Ethan, Matt, etc..), so I'm coming up with a random dude's name so yeet. Yes, Mark is the Phantom okie.

I don't own POTO or it's plot.

I was deathly scared of what could have happened to me that night of the Opera Populaire. Not because of the one I loved, but the one I despised. 

"I'll be watching you, and making sure that beast will not get you," Arin spat. "He's controlling you." However, I thought the other way around, the Phantom was a sweet man who was lonely. I gave him sympathy, yes, but I also loved him. It was weird to say, since most people feared him. "I'm not letting him commit to anything else further on."

"Arin, please stop talking nonsense, you're taking it too far," I spoke.

"He'll be gone, and we will get married."

But I don't want to get married to that man. He uses disgusting language towards the Phantom. "Hush up..."

"Now it's time. I'll be in that booth," we looked up at the seats.

"I understand."

"Places!" Madam Gily shouted. The curtains shut and people crowded in as we sat in our spots.

No more talk of darkness

Forget these wide eyed fears

I'm here, nothing can harm you

My words will warm and calm you

Let me be your freedom

Let daylight dry your tears

I'm here, with you, beside you

To guard you and to guide you

The Phantom sang words Arin was oblivious to actually committing to. A smile spread across both of our faces and we slowly parted from each other, walking away to a stairway. My voice had to come booming in, although I was very nervous of what was coming.

Say you'll love me every waking moment

Turn my head with talk of summertime

Say you'll need me with you now and always

Promise me that all you say is true

That's all I ask of you

He took over into the next verse of the combination of songs.

Past the point of no return

No backward glances

Our games of make believe are at an end

Past our thought of if or when

No use resisting

Abandon thought and let the dream descend

What raging fire shall floss the soul

What rich desire unlocks it's door

What sweet seduction lies before us

I began.

Now I'm here with you

No second thoughts

I've decided decided

Past the point of no return

No going back now

Our passion play has now at last begun

Then, we both sang in unison.

Past the point of no return

The final threshold

The bridge is crossed

So stand and watch it burn

We've passed the point of no return

His stunning voice took over again.

Say you'll share with me one love one lifetime

Lead me safe from my solitude

Say you'll want me with you here beside you

Anywhere you go let me go too!

(Y/N), that's all I ask of-!

I removed his mask with and smile and tears running down my face. I could hear the crowd screaming with terror. I leaned up to his ear. "Mark, Arin wants you dead. A-and I don't love him enough to marry him."

He looked amongst the crowd, noticing Arin had left his spot. He grabbed me tightly and cut the ropes, making us fall through the hole in the floor, leading us down to the sewers. "I understand you want a life with him-"

"No, you've got it all wrong, I despise him, he hates you and all he wants to do is kill you," I took a deep breath. "I have no love for him."

"Then who's lust do you wish to seek!?" He whipped himself around, trying to cover his face.

Before I could speak, someone was already at the gate. "Phantom! Let her go!" It was clearly Arins voice. He's sweet, but far too bossy.

"I see we have a guest," Mark opened the gate, then closed it.

"I see you have my girl," Arin tried running through the water; however, fell in the process.

"The girl who just told me she doesn't love you?" Mark went out with a rope and pinned him to the gate.

"Mark!" He looked over at me. "Please, don't kill him, neither of you deserve it!"

Mark dropped the rope. "Choose (Y/N), this scum or me!"

I knew who I had to choose. I walked up to him, looking into his dark brown eyes, and seeing his hair fly in front of the left side of his face. My fingers traveled to his cheeks, I tucked his hair back behind his ear. "You're not a monster, nor will you ever be," my lips caught his, for a few seconds. He pulled me close, leaving us into something slightly more passionate. "I love you, but if you love me, let Arin go and live his life, please," I pecked his lips once more, setting my forehead on his.

"Okay," Mark walked over to Arin, releasing him from the ropes. He came back up the the lever, and pulled it. "Go."

"You should have killed me when you had the chance."

Mark ran over to me, engulfing me into a hug that I longed for.

I used the reprise because Phantom (or Erik) doesn't sing in the All I Ask of You with Christine and Roaul.