//the artist

Song: Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows

The moonlight made the canvas a dark blue, as if the ocean had spilled itself upon it. The light turned on. The room held a groggy girl who looked over to see the man she was supposed to be drawing, sleeping. Hours ago, the man and the girl were talking about simple things; how is life treatin' ya?

She got up and walked over to the mans figure. Her hand lay upon his back and she softly moves it around. "Mark," she whispered loud enough; if there was someone on the other side of the room. "Mark, it's three in the morning, maybe you should get going," she said quietly.

Marks head arose, a smile within his lips. "Why can't I just stay here, and then you can draw me sleeping."

"Well.."

"(Y/N), I know we haven't seen each other in a while, but I'm still that stupid Mark you always knew."

"You're famous and -"

"That doesn't change anything. I'm here now, you know."

"You're life doesn't need to be wasted on me."

"Did I ever tell you who I liked in HighSchool?"

"No. You'd never tell me because she was always around us. But, I think I know who now; you were so naive."

"It was you," he smiled. "Now, just sketch something out."

"First, tell me why you liked me."

Mark sighed happily. "The same reasons I've always loved you. Your smile and laugh inspired me; the way you sang while you drew pictures; how you were brutally honest to everyone, but wouldn't offend them-"

"What did you not like about me?"

It took a few seconds for Mark to actually say something. "The way you couldn't speak your feelings, about anything."

"Because I couldn't."

"Why?"

"I felt, as If, I would ruin the relationship that we had."

"You wouldn't have, I promise you wouldn't have."

She began to draw his smile that he had always pastered on his face. How his head would sit on his hand, but his hand would soon grow tired. His brown eyes staring into hers as she'd look up to see his features. Everything reminded her of old times, before college, before they left each other behind.

Marks eyes started to shut once again and shoft snores escaped from his mouth.

"I still love you."

"Me too."