//i want to hear your voice

Song: Voices - Chris Young (wowie he's such a beautiful mAn, AND HIS VOICE OMLLLL)

The phone rang, and you quickly ran over to the device in hopes it was your boyfriend who has been in Australia for over two long months. It was instead your mother. "Hello," you answered, unhappily.

"Hi babydoll, how are you?" She chuckled.

"I've been very upset, how about yourself mama?"

"I'm very well, your father had given me flowers when he got home from work," I could hear the happiness. "Mark must not be talking?"

Oh mother, you were absolutely right.

"I haven't got to hear his voice personally since he left. He won't call me and ever just texts me," I signed. "I know the time is different and everything, but he's got to have some time."

"Ethan called me the other day," my mother said.

"My own brother says he can't even call me!" I shrugged. "I guess I'm not important to people anymore," I whimpered.

"I'm sorry honey, it might just be the time difference."

My mom and I talked on the phone for a while before we both knew we had to go for the night.

I woke up to the smell of pancakes cooking in the kitchen, and I thought I had been dreaming. I didn't want to leave the bed to check though, whoever it was, they could make me breakfast then kill me for all I cared in that moment.

It smelled so good.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to my baby, happy birthday to you," a familiar voice played in the hallway as the door creaked open.

My boyfriend was home!

"Mark!" I jumped out of my bed and waited for him to set everything down so I could attack. "Why are you here?!" I jumped on him and tackled him to the ground. I planted kisses everywhere I could.

"Whoawhoa, baby, I wanted to surprise you!" He chuckled, kissing me back, smiling away.

"And why couldn't you call me?" I stopped, and my smile faded away.

"I unfortunately didn't buy the plan to call foreign places sweetheart, and I didn't have the heart to tell you," he pouted.

"I missed everything about you," I pecked his cheeks. "And how come Ethan could call my mom, but not me?"

Mark looked away. "I told him if I couldn't talk to you, he couldn't either."