How You Met (Part 5)

Suggestion/Request by: @problematic_dad

Word Count: 584

I was walking amongst the sidewalk with my little sister (thought I would change it up a bit, but also told by sugg.; have no little sister like me, just pretend) who had always wanted to go to a coffee shop, it was like she already had a bucket list planned out. It didn't help it was her birthday and she didn't want to spend it with our parents, partially because they had to work and couldn't get the day off.

The street was chalked full of old pubs and coffee shops that people rarely went to around this time of day. They were decorated plainly with stained brown wooden objects, and the only color they used other than brown was a tan color to keep the lighting down inside.

(Sisters/Name) suddenly jolted to one of the coffee shops after my constant no this and no that. "Hey, wait," I said, running in after her.

I found her walking over to a man with a head full of dark brown, and topped off with, red hair. "You've got funny hair," she giggled.

He looked at her and smiled. "Thank you; do you like my funny hair?" He asked, shuffling the large amount of hair on his head.

"I do like it," she smiled. "I wish I could do that with my hair," she sighed.

"Uh, no, no, no. Do you know what would happen to me if I let you have colored hair? And why are you talking to a stranger?" I asked.

"Mommy would kill you, and because of his hair. It's mesmerising to me," she smiled. "Can we sit here? You're not with anyone, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's fine by me," he said, scooting over.

She sat on the other side as I went over to the counter and ordered our drinks. I didn't get the young girl coffee though, she was already a hyper thing. As I walked back over to the table, (S/N) patted the other side of the table, motioning me to sit there. Of course I obeyed, she's my little sister, and it's her birthday. I sat next to the man and quietly drank my coffee as I listened to my sister talk to him in her childish tone. "My sister is single you know," she winked at him, allowing both the man and I with beat red cheeks that looked like they had been in the sun all day.

I choaked on my drink. "(S/N), he doesn't need to know details like that," I averted my eyes.

"Come on (Y/N), you need a boyfriend. How old are you Mark?" She asked the man beside me.

He was hesitant. "I turned 28...today," he said.

"We share birthdays and that's exactly why you should date my 24 year old sister!"

"You have to know someone before you date them (S/N)...and Happy Birthday Mark."

"I was having an awful day, and I thank you for coming in here," he smiled. "Maybe we were destined to be," his chuckle was deep and sent sensational shivers down my spine.

♡ ♡ 5 months Later ♡ ♡

"Is she coming over today?" Mark asked as he grabbed hold of my hand.

"Sadly," I smiled. "She wants to go get ice-cream, or that's told by my mom's text," I showed my phone.

"She's a stinker," he squished his face.

"Our stinker," I giggled, pecking his cheek.

"(Y/N)! Mark! I'M HERE."

"Great."