Chapter 5

Meiko's story continues-

"So, you offered those men ¥650,0000 to save me?" I asked.

"Yes, because it's like I said, I couldn't bare to see such a beautiful little angel like you fighting a wild bull so I offered them ¥650,0000 without fighting them to save you." Masashi said.

"I see, so in other words, you were protecting me." I said.

"I'm protecting you now my dear." Masashi said with a smile on his face.

I blushed and turned my head to the opposite direction.

He turned my head back to face him.

"You're safe with me, you'll be well taken care of here." Masashi said.

"Oh, I would love to stay, but I -"

I was cut off when the door flew open.

"My Lord, you have to come look at the news report!" He said.

"What is it Tanaka? What's going on?" Masashi asked.

"They are talking about a burning apartment, apartment 306!" He said.

"What?!" Masashi said.

"Oh no! That's my apartment!" I said.

Then we went downstairs into the living room and saw the news about my apartment going up in smoke.

"Oh dear! Who would do such a thing?" The maid asked.

Masashi looked at me and asked me,"Do you want to go over there and see for yourself?"

"Yes." I said as I started to cry.

"Tanaka, get the limousine." Masashi said.

"Yes my Lord!" He said.

We drove all the way to my apartment and when we got there everything was destroyed.

"I leave the apartment for more than a minute and somebody set my it on fire? Who does that?" I asked as I broke down in tears.

"I'm so sorry." Masashi said as he hugged me.

"My Lord, she can live with us." His servant said.

"Agreed, let's get out of here, it's too depressing for her."Masashi said.

"Yes my Lord!" He said.

We went back to the castle and Masashi took me upstairs to his bedroom where we talked privately.

"Sit anywhere." He said as he pulled a chair from the table and put it in front of the foot of the bed where he was sitting.

I walked over to him and sat in front of him with my head down.

"I'm so sorry that your apartment were on fire." Masashi said.

"Thank you." I said.

Masashi lifted up my head and got out his hinkerchief and wiped my tears.

"So now what? I have no home to go to anymore." I said.

"Like I already told you, you'll be well taken care of here, I'll protect you." Masashi said.

I looked at him and nodded my head.

"This will be your room." Masashi said.

"Huh? Isn't this your room?" I asked.

"It is my room, but I'm sharing it with you." Masashi said.

I was shocked when he said that, then I was staring down at my feet blushing.

"Are you okay?" Masashi asked.

"I'm fine, may I use the bathroom?" I asked.

"Sure, would you like to go freshen up?" Masashi asked.

"Yes, please." I said.

"I'll have the maid escort you." Masashi said.

"Thank you." I said as I nodded my head.

He rang his bell and his servant entered the room.

"You rang for me my Lord?" He asked.

"Oh Tanaka, I was ringing for one the maids, but since you're here take Meiko to the bathroom so that she can freshen up and have the maids to send her a change of clothes, then give her a tour around the castle, I'll be waiting at the dining room." Masashi said.

"Yes my Lord." He said.

"Go with Tanaka, he'll take care of you, I'll be waiting for you at the dining room, there's so much I want to know about you." Masashi said as he kissed me on my forehead.

I blushed as I got up from my seat and bowed my head to him.

"Thank you." I said and left the bedroom with the servant.

The servant escorted me and the maid to send some change of clothes.

Then he showed me around the castle and amazed how huge it was.

"This place is so beautiful and so huge." I said as we walked outside into the back yard.

"Is this your first time being at a castle like this one?" The servant asked who's name was Tanaka.

"Yes, it made me feel like I'm in a palace." I said.

"Well you are in luck, because Lord Masashi called his castle the imperial dark knight castle, where the landscape is huge and breath taking." Tanaka said.

"Wow! This is breath taking." I said.

He nodded his head and agreed with me.