Chapter 20

Masashi's story continues -

We left my office and went back downstairs to see if Meiko was in the living room but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Weird, where did Meiko went?" I asked.

"My Lord, are you and Lord Kamijo looking for lady Meiko?" One of my maids asked.

"Yes, do you know where she went?" I asked.

"She and Jenny went out shopping together and they took the guards with them for protection." She answered.

"See? She's in good hands, as long the guards are protecting both her and Jenny." Kamijo said to me as he patted me on my shoulder.

"Thank you, that will be all." I said.

She bow down and walked away.

"Well as long as the guards are protecting them I'm okay, I wish she told me where are they going." I said.

"Wait, does Meiko has money?" Kamijo asked.

"Yeah, why are you asking?" I asked.

"Oh I just want to know, that's all." Kamijo said.

"Yeah, just to be nosey." I said.

"If I'm so nosey, let me ask you one question, how old is she?" Kamijo asked.

"She's 23." I answered.

Kamijo looked at me speechless.

"She's 23 and you're 36?" Kamijo asked.

"Yeah, so?" I asked.

"Shouldn't you be dating a woman who's at least 12 or 13 years younger than you?" Kamijo asked me.

"So what? I'm in love with her." I said to Kamijo a I grew upset.

"Just be careful with her Masashi, that young lady is too precious." Kamijo said.

"Don't you worry, I'm taking real good care of her, you have my word." I said.

Then I heard a familiar voice entered the castle.

"Hey guys! What's going on?"

It was Meiko.

"Ah, Meiko and Jenny too." I said.

"Hey, I thought you'll be happy to see us back home." She said.

"Of course I'm happy to see both of you, I'm happy to see both of you safe and sound." I said.

"Both of you missed a wonderful afternoon, lady Meiko and I went shopping and she bought me some new clothes and accessories, she's such a sweetheart." Jenny said.

"Now that's stretching it a little bit and I'll take that as a compliment." Meiko said to Jenny with a smile on her face as she started blushing.

"Oh you." Jenny said to Meiko as started laughing and blushing.

From what me and Kamijo can see, both became such good friends.