Chapter 7

Masashi's story continues -

"I can give you anything you ever wanted, my castle is your castle too, I'll protect you and I won't betray you." I said.

"Thanks, I'm flattered that you welcomed me into your castle, but how can you say that you can give me what ever I wanted when I barely know you?" Meiko asked.

"Because you looked like you somebody that deserve better, you looked like you want somebody in your life, unless of course you already got a boyfriend, right?" I asked.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend." Meiko answered.

"Good, I'm glad." I said with a smile on my face.

"Why you asked do I have a boyfriend? Do you have a girlfriend?" Meiko asked.

"No, I don't, I'm just a single dark knight prince with no dark knight princess." I said.

"Wait, so you're a Prince? And a knight?" She asked.

"Does these clothes and this castle tells you exactly what I am?" I asked.

"I guess it never crossed my mind, I'm sorry." Meiko said.

"Don't be sorry, it's not all that important, why not tell me something about yourself. " I said.

"Well, I told you earlier that I never knew my parents and I don't have a family, I grew up living in an orphanage and ended up living on my own right after I turned 20." Meiko said.

"How old are you now?" I asked.

"I'm 23, I'm going to be 24 soon." She answered.

"When is your birthday?" I asked.
"April/12th." Meiko said.

"April/12th?" I asked.

"Yeah,why?" Meiko asked.

"What year you were born?" I asked.

"I was born in 1992, why?" Meiko asked.

"So you're a 90s baby." I said.

"Yes I am, I was on April/12th/1992 ." She said.

I looked over at the calendar and saw that her birthday in six days.

"If you want to wish me an early happy birthday you can, sometimes I feel like not many people cares it's my birthday or not." Meiko said.

"How can you say that? What about the people at the orphanage that you said they were like your family to you? Did they cared?" I asked.

"Some of the people at the orphanage cared but rest of them don't." She said.

"Oh I see." I said as I looked down at my plate of food and started to feel sad, Meiko happened to see me frowned.

"Um, Masashi are you okay?" She asked.

I looked at her and nodded my head.

"I'm fine." I said.

"If you're fine, then why do you look so sad?" Meiko asked.

I looked back down at my plate of food and didn't say anything else.

Except...

"I just feel so bad for you." Was all I said to her.

Meiko didn't say anything else to me either, far as I know, she was eating.

Later that night we both went upstairs to my room.

"Thanks for dinner, that was tasty." Meiko said.

"You're welcome." I said as I was trying to hide my sadness from her.

"Masashi, are you sure you're okay?" Meiko asked.

"I'm fine my dear, if you don't mind I'm going to the bathroom and freshen up so I can get ready for bed, why don't you make yourself comfortable while I'm gone, hmm?" I asked.

"Sure, but I don't have a night gown." Meiko said.

"I'll have Jenny to give you one, she's really nice." I said.

"How can I tell it's her when I see her?" Meiko asked.

"She has blonde hair and blue eyes so you'll know it's her." I said.

"Okay."Meiko said.

"Make yourself comfortable while I'm gone." I said.

"I'll be waiting for you." Meiko said.

I can sense her blushing from the background as I left the room and made my way to the bathroom where I saw Jenny.

"Oh my Lord, is the young lady okay?" She asked.

"Her name is Meiko." I said.

"Meiko, what a beautiful name." Jenny said.

"Could you give her a night gown to sleep in?" I asked.

"Yes my Lord, of course." Jenny said and walked away.

I went inside the bathroom, took off my clothes and got in the bath tub.

I noticed Jenny already ran my bath water, I sat there thinking about the last conversation that Meiko and I had downstairs in the dining room and just thinking about what she told me, makes me sad.

"I'm determined to cheer her up, I must ask her out on a date, I must ask her does she wants to go the movies with me." I said to myself.

I went back to my room and saw Meiko fast asleep.

I didn't want to wake her up to let her know that I'm back from the bathroom so I went over to my dresser and got my night clothes.

Then I took my robe off and looked back to see Meiko still sleeping.

I quickly put my pajamas on and went to bed.

"Don't worry my princess, I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy, sweet dreams my love tomorrow will be a better day, I promise." I said as I kissed on her forehead one more time and drifted off to sleep.