Chapter 21

Masashi's story continues -

Later that afternoon Meiko and I went upstairs to my room.

"Here, I bought you this." She said while handing me a necklace.

"What is this?" I asked.

"It's a good luck charm, it's really pretty, do you like it?" Meiko asked.

"No, I don't like it." I said.

"Oh." Meiko said as she looked at the floor looking all sad.

I lifted her chin and kissed her on her cheek.

"I don't like it, I love it." I said.

"Don't scare me like that, I'm a very sensitive person." Meiko said.

"Okay I won't." I said.

She put the necklace around my neck.

"Perfect, it totally suits you." Meiko said.

"Thank you, if only I can give you something in return." I said.

Meiko looked at me,then turned around and walked halfway towards the window.

"You don't have to give me anything." She said in a sad tone.

"Why not? It's only fair right? You gave something, now I'm supposed to give you something return." I said.

Meiko looked at me and shook her head.

"Why are shaking your head? " I asked.

"Whenever I give stuff away to people, whenever I buy something really cool and pretty, I give them to people that I'm close friends with, but they never gave me anything in return so it didn't took me long enough to realize that they were never really my friends, so that's why I said "you don't have to give me anything" because I know you won't give anything in return even if I like you and I barely know you." Meiko said.

"Nonsense." I said.

"Huh?" Meiko responded.

"I'm not like those kind of people who excepts gifts or presents without giving something return, I know can give you something because I cares about you and you deserves better, I can give you anything you ever wanted, just stick with me, I'll take care of you, you don't have to worry about getting a job or making ends meet and you don't have to worry about people treating like hell, with me around I'll protect you." I said.

"Yeah, speaking of which, they said I'm worthless and I'm not good enough in nobody's eyes, they judged me before they knew me, that's why I told you the other day I have no family and I was born with nothing, I am nothing, I even don't have anyfriends and the only friend I do have is Ayame." Meiko said as started to cry.

I reached out to her and held her in my arms, she buried face in my chest as I stroked her beautiful long hair with my bear hand, then we walked over to the bed, I sat down and pulled Meiko close to me, putting her on my lap and wiping her tears.

"You are not worthless, you are good enough to me in my eyes, I'll never judge you or say mean and hateful things to you, you are a beautiful angel of a beautiful rose, to me you're worth more than nine pounds of steel and you're worth than 14 pounds of gold that's worth a lot of money, but they are not nearly as worth it as you, you are indeed worth it." I said.

"Thanks Masashi, that really makes me happy, I'm touched." Meiko said as she tries to smile.

"You're welcome you're too precious to be judged by anyone, not even me, stick with me, I won't betray you, I cares about you." I said.

Meiko nodded her head as she tries to stop crying, I kissed her lips and she wrapped her arms around my neck, then we pulled away from each other for a minute, then we got on the bed and started kissing passionately.

Then we stopped kissing and looked each other in the eyes.

"I've always been alone all my life, having no family or friends for years, I don't ever want to be left alone anymore, from now on, you're all I have Masashi." Meiko said.

When she said that to me, I felt a deep feeling inside my heart.

I got off of her and layed down next to her, telling her my true feelings.

"I don't know if you remembers, but you know that cafe you use to work at?" I asked.

"Yeah, I remembered, why did you ask?" She asked.

"This is going to sound weird, but I always comes to the cafe and I always sees you around, working really hard, I even sees you in the area going from stores to stores and mostly at the movie theater." I said.

"So you were stalking me the entire time?" Meiko asked.

"Well, if you want to put it that way, yeah I was stalking you, I know, I know, shame on me." I said while blushing.

Meiko giggled and laughs at me a little bit, then started blushing right along with me.

"For a cool good looking man with long black beautiful hair, you're funny." She said.

"Uh, thank you, I tried to be." I said while blushing really hard.

Then I shifted my position to the opposite direction and felt Meiko's hands touched my back.