Cannon Fodder - System

Street lights, honks and many noises that will just irritate you filled the air, take Lin Xiao for example.

Wearing a frosty face and slightly quivering lips, probably due to the effect from the cold. It was winter after all.

He walked solemnly while cursing his aunt for kicking him out of HIS house because he got home late today and didn't cook.

Of course he'd be late. He has 2 jobs after school and he's the one raising them. Just because his uncle won a small amount of lottery they can kick him out? Ha! Let's see if you can live without me supporting your big fat lazy ass.

While thinking of his unfortunate life he totally forgot that he was already crossing the streets.

*HOOONNKKK*

Ugh...

Lin Xiao literally flied from the impact, his skull cracking. His eyes were getting blurry but he still managed to look at the falling snow.

God, what did I ever do to deserve this?

He scanned his eyes and watched as the truck made his escape, it didn't even bother to stop and help him.

He sighed inwardly and looked at the snow falling again and saw the cherry blossom falls.

What the hell, why is there a cherry blossom in the middle of the winter season? But still it is beautiful, at least at the end of my breath I still know how beautiful it is to be alive. If only he can stay longer...

And then Lin Xiao took his last breath with a smile plastered on his face.

---------
Where am I? It's dark. Shit! Am I blind? Did I go blind? I tried to talk but I can't open my mouth. Ahh! What's happening? I tried opening my mouth again and yelp!

"Ahhhhh!!"

"Welcome Host. I am 002 AI, or Artificial Intelligence. I'm here to make a contract with Host"

"What the hell. Who are you?!"

"I am 002 AI or Artificial Intelligence; I'm here to form a contract with host"

"What? Why? And what contract? What kind of contract?"

"Host is fortunate to be found by system in the quiet street where your body died. I am offering you a second chance in life and also to change someone's cruel fate. It is simple you just need to live in someone else's body and grant their wishes and avoid dying"

"So, it's basically not a second life but I'm like a wishing well: for those who give me money, I'll grant their wishes"

002: •__• kind of?

"Host, after granting their wishes you can live a normal life like you always wanted to. I will give you cheats if you like. Just to inform you host, in every world you need to fulfill their wishes or else you'll be punished."

Lin Xiao's eyes lit up. That's so cool, I can be the protagonist then have a gi--

"Host, you'll be a cannon fodder in every story"

Before Lin Xiao can dream of being a protagonist, 002 already killed his wishful thinking.

At this news Lin Xiao got depressed. Fuck so what if I have a new life? I am fated to die anyways.

Lin Xiao doesn't know if he should be happy or angry with 002 ways of giving false hope.

"Host, don't be sad. I'll give you cheats and you can have points too! Where you can buy my merchandise like this and this..."

While 002 is blabbering, Lin Xiao is still depressed. So what, anyway?

"Host, don't be upset. That's why you're here to change the fate of the cannon fodders in every story"

Oh yeah. Why didn't he think of that? I'm getting stupid or what?

"Host, I'll have you pick your cheats now. Just to inform you, your first world will be modern."

After system said this something pops in my mind.

[Cooking]

[Perfect Expressions]

[Sex Appeal]

[Karate]

"Host, please pick one."

"Cooking" I picked cooking since it's a modern world and those who have skills in cooking is rare.

"Host, please learn well! You will stay in our kitchen until you become a master chef! Fighting!"

After 002 said that, silence engulfed my head. No more 002 or AI and it's still dark! Damn! Don't tell me I'm really blind?

After some time magically a door appeared in front of me.

Oh thank god! I thought I was really blind!

I opened the door and what greeted me is a spacious kitchen with a complete kitchen set of tools.

"Host! Let's start!"

-------++++------

I choose Cooking y'all, I don't want MC to be OP ~ :3