4

If written 2018 fixed 2021

Scout wrapped her arms around me hugging me tightly. I hugged her back, I missed her, but not as much as I should. We promised eachother we'd make this work. I was already having a hard time accepting it would happen.

"I missed you so much," she said softly.

"I missed you too," I muttered, it didn't feel right but it wasn't a lie.

Scout pulled away and kissed me, I kissed her back with out a thought. Even kissing her didn't feel the same way anymore. We seperated and I kissed her head. "How was your drive?"

Intresting, I picked up a stranger, a hot stranger. I ignored my thoughts and ansered her question. "It was fine." Well vaugely answered her question...

"Okay," she smiled, "are you tired?"

"Yes," I lied, "yeah, and I definitely need to shower."

Scout nodded, and kissed my cheek. I dragged my bag to our room and then went to the bathroom. I took a shower, washing my hair and everything. I needed to be alone for a few moments.

Afterwards I scrolled through my phone, thinking about Krystal. I decided to send a text to her.

Hey, it's Andy

"What you doing?" Scout hummed, smiling.

"Just texting my friend," I said casually, "how' your day been?"

"Good," she said, I laid on our bed, she did too. We laid there staring at the ceiling, finally at one point she put her head on my chest. I didn't know what I should do or say, so I didn't I just laid there and let it happen.

~~~~~

I woke up at twelve in the morning to my phone buzzing, I picked it up glancing at it. I had some texts from Krystal.

Hi
How's the cheater
Did you guys have hot makeup sex with the guy she cheated on you with
Btw I'm working on that job thing

I huffed, Scout was burying her face in my chest. How do I respond to that?

Fine, no
Did you meet up with your friend?

She responded a minute later

Yes, btw she doesn't like your band.
Too emo

I rolled my eyes and responded.

Ouch
Have you heard us?

She responded immediately this time

God no
I only listen to artists and band who are dead have at least 1 dead member or past 50.
Or addicts

I wish I could be surprised that she was this crazy.

Okay that is as interesting as you are

She sent me a smiley face.

thanks for the compliment

Scout stirred, "Andy... What are you doing?"

"Just replying to a text," I replied.

I put my phone back and tried to sleep next to her. My mind kept wondering to the wrong person. Scout mumbled in her sleep, something I used to love and find comforting. I was having trouble doing that again after the time she said someone else's name. I wasn't sure what I was doing but I know I love her. Of course I love her, she's the only person I should be thinking about.

Fuck this is a problem.

_____

I am in love with this story already

Thoughts¿ :》