58

I passed out in a chair a few hours into waiting for Andy to wake up. At about three a.m. he came to consciousness waking me up too.

   "God Andy," I mumbled.

   "Hi," he smiled weakly. I let out a sigh of relief. Why does the man I love keep finding his way into a hospital. It's like during that time I completely forgot about ronnie. I kissed his forehead as he pressed the button for the nurses. They came in and checked on him.

   "Your vitals are fine, you're hydrated, we can discharge you now if you'd like.

   "Yes please," he said. She nodded and left. I turned to him.

   "Why do you keep doing this?"

   "Atleast it wasn't cocaine," he shrugged.

    "Are you trying to drive me crazy?" I asked.

   "No I'm just living," he sighed.

   "This isn't how you live," I sighed. "Andy i love you, you need some help."

   "I don't need help. I'm fine. I can stop when I want to."

   "Can you really? You're not even 21 and you get blackout drunk every night not to mention the other drugs you do-"

   He took my hand and cut me off. "I love you, I'm fine. Thank you for caring."

   "I swear if this happens again I'm sending you to a rehabilitation center."

   "Anything for you, baby," he said cupping my cheek. Just that small gesture had my heart pounding.

   "How are you feeling?"

   "Like complete and utter shit."

   "I figured," I mumbled. He got out of the hospital not long after. We walked to the bus where everyone was asleep. We woke up the driver and told him we were ready to go.

   "Where are you going to sleep?" He asked me.

   "On the couch I guess," I shrugged. He scoffed, "what?"

   "No way I'm letting the love of my life sleep on the couch, get in the bunk with me."

   "No-"

   "I didn't ask you if you wanted to, you will," he said taking off his leather jacket and pants. "Come on," he waved me into the bunk. I sighed, taking one of his t-shirts and changing. He watched but I didn't care, I missed when he used to watch my every move like he was fascinated. I got into the bunk laying next to him. I let him pull me into his arms. I breathe in his familiar sent bringing me to my safe place in his arms. My aching heart stopped as I snuggled into him. I thought of that night. The one where he walked out on me choosing a temporary high that could kill him over me.

   Remembering it I choked out a quiet "I hate you."

   He held me tightly, "I know."

   "I thought i ment more to you than some stupid drugs."

   Andy whispered, "you did, you do."

  "Then why'd you hurt me like that?" I asked him, tears rolling down my face.

   "I didn't mean to, I didn't realize how stupid I was being, krystal I swear I love you with all my heart. Only you. Fuck the drugs I've quit using them. I don't miss them like I miss you," he told me. He held me crying against his chest. We stayed like that, he started to sing to me until I fell asleep.

_____