32

I groaned as I came to conciousness after sleeping forever. I rolled on my side shoving my face in the pillow. My head hurts so fucking much.

   "Babyyy," I mumbled, lifting my head up, no answer. The hotel bed was empty, she wasnt there. I felt disappointed, I wanted to wake up next to her and be the first person to tell her happy birthday.

   I felt her side of the bed. It was still warm and the pillow had her dent in it. She hasn't been gone long. I rolled over, burying my face in her pillow. It smelt like her. I wish she was here. I sighed getting up out of the bed. Time to get my day started.

   I pulled my underwear and Jeans on from last night. I went to get my shirt but it wasn't there, Krystal must have taken it. I smiled to my self. But now I don't have a shirt. Ah, fuck it. I used the toiletries in the bathroom to freshen up. I decided to take off the pants and underwear I just put on and took a shower. Then dried off and put it on again. I'm dumb as shit.

-----

    I got a shirt eventually, and something for my headache. I found Krystal as well. Right when she was arriving back at the motel. I saw her jump out the still moving van. She rolled onto the concrete laughing. She laid there on the concrete while the van parked. I walked up to her and she sat up too. I helped her up, she was still smiling and exasperated.

   "Happy birthday," I chuckled as she met my gaze with wild eyes. She smiled even wider.

   "Thank you," she breathed out, getting on her tiptoes and kissing my cheek.

   "Are you free now?" I asked her, she nodded. While she was gone I got together a little something for her. I took her hand, and went to the bus and grabbed my draw string bag. We walked to a nearby park, she mentioned liking nature one day so I thought she'd like a park.

   "Why are we here?" She asked me as we settled at a spot near the small pond.

   "For your birthday. I wanted to do something nice, and romantic," I told her. "Now turn around let me set this up."

   "No," she said crossing her arms, she pulled my cigarettes and lighter out my back pocket and boldly slapped my ass.

   "Theif," I scowled. She smiled as she started to light it and smoke. I opened my bag and pulled the blanket out first and laid it out. Krystal watched with a smug smile. I rolled my eyes taking the rest of the food out my bag except for one thing. I pulled out some rum and a bottle of coke, and some of her favorite snacks, with some grilled cheese from a diner I bough fifteen minutes before. Her comfort food.

   She smiled as I set it up and put the bag to the side. I took her hand and sat her down, "hope you're hungry," I said, filling up the two plastic cups with the rum and cola mixing it. I gave her hers, she gulped down half of it. One more cup and she's drunk. She picked up the carry out styrofoam container.

   "My favorite," she said excitedly as she grabbed a slice, biting it. I chuckled at her excitement. She took a sip of her drink. "This is so... good holy shit," she said, food still in her mouth. I smiled sipping my drink too she leaned over, "try," she told me sticking it out I leaned over and bit it.

   "It is good," I said after I swallowed, she handed me a piece. For my self. As I ate with her I put on some music.

   "You're playing nickle back!" She said amusingly.

   "Only for you," I told her she buried her face in the crook of my neck. "I'm curious, where'd you go this morning?" I asked her.

   "Oh, I'm sorry, RK woke me up to collect the van with him and ava. I left you a note on the pad thing."

   I felt dumb founded "of course, I'm so dumb," I chuckled.

   "You aren't," she said cupping my cheek. I smiled leaning down and kissing her softly.

   She smiled into the kiss, then pulled away. A few minutes later she brushed off her hands. "Okay I'm done eating, what's next?" She said. I got up going behind a tree to grab her surprise I stashed earlier. I came back with it behind my back.

   "For you m'lady," I said cheasily, kneeling down to give her the flowers.

   Her eyes lit up, "this- this whole thing. It's so cheesy, I love it," she said taking them and smelling the Dahlias.

   "And a little note book and pens for your music writing," I said, giving it to her.

   "This has my fucking name on it-" she told me.

   I chuckled, nodding, "yes, yes it does."

   "And it sparkles? It fucking sparkles."

   "Yeah," I chuckled.

   "You're so sweet," she said, grabbing my face and kissing me intensely.

   I pulled away, "okay calm down there, baby," I said,

   "Oh, boo."

   I took the bag and got the last thing, a stowed away cupcake. I was surprised it wasn't crushed. But the candle was broken. "Ah shit," I grumbled. "Hold on," I pulled my cigarettes and lighter out. I stuck the cig in the cupcake and lit it on fire.

   Krystal laughed "that's perfect," she said, I held it to her and she blew on it. She ten picked it out licking the opposite end and took a puff. She held it to my mouth and I did too.

   "Happy birthday, krystal," I said, kissing her cheek softly.

_____

Hhhh