74

Andy

I sat next to Krystal, holding her hand as we sat for her ultrasound. This was all surreal to me and probably to her. I didn't really believe this was happening.

I felt Krystal jump lightly as the doctor put the gel on her stomach.

"Sorry, I forgot to warn you its cold," she apologized.

"That's alright," Krystal said softly. I wondered what she was feeling and how it felt.

"How does it feel?" I asked her.

"I can put some on you," the doctor offered, I grinned foolishly.

"Bet," I said lifting up my shirt. I had an ultrasound when I broke my rips, I couldn't remember because I was on painkillers. I cringed as the gel touched my stomach, Krystal sat there laughing and shaking her head.

"Fucking dumbass," she smiled.

"I don't think I like it," I said honestly, I stared at the screen, "you can see my fucked up ribs!"

The doctor chuckled, "don't tell on me," she said with a wink. She gave me something to wipe it off then messed with the remote thing that was just on me. I think she was cleaning it.

"I am so done with you," Krystal laughed shaking her head, I shrugged, pecking her lips.

The doctor returned to her side, moving the thing around her stomach. The doctor pointed to the screen, "that's your baby" she said.

We stared at the screen, I was in awe, seeing a little floating thing that was inside her.

How the fuck did I put that there

I squeezed her hand tightly looking in her eyes, which were teary. "You're crying," she commented laughing a little.

"No I'm not," I wiped my eyes, "I'm a grown ass man, I'm not crying."

She smiled kissing me. We kept looking at the screen like it was going to do something.

"You're 9 weeks along," she said, "if you haven't already you should consider taking prenatal vitamins, everything looks fine."

Krystal nodded staring at the screen still, "they have fingers, and toes," she whispered. I nodded.

"Do you want a copy-"

"Yes," we both cut her off at the same time.

Krystal chuckled nervously, "sorry."

"Its fine," she said smiling.

Before we knew it it was over, I expected to be overwhelmed, but I wasn't. I was really fucking happy.

We ended up at McDonald's, Krystal only got some fries and a milk shake, I ate a burger, something different from the normal bread and cheese I normally eat.

"You sure you don't want anything else, you're eating for-"

"I swear to god do not say that," she snickered, grabbing me for a kiss. "But yes."

I shrugged biting into my Big Mac, staring at her nibbling on her fries.

"What?" She questioned, I shook my head.

"I just, I'm so... happy?" I said.

She chuckled, it was like nothing that I had been worrying about, doing, craving, or anything mattered. Just this.

"When are you gonna tell your parents?" She asked.

"Tonight, I'll Skype them," I told her, she smiled nodding.

"Can you wait a bit before telling anyone else though, it's still early and I don't know what may happen-"

I grabbed her hand, "whatever you want."

We were staring at each other stupidly, I couldn't wait for this part.