53

Krystal

     He took me to a restuarant as a date. Not that it was a big deal but it was a boring thing to do for a first date. I really shouldn't compare him to Andy, but I couldn't help it.

   "So what do you do on your free time?" Ronnie asked eating his pasta.

   I shrugged, "write music, draw, smoke, drink, the usual things."

   "Yeah I do that too. Minus smoking and drinking. I just got out of prison I ain't trying to fuck up so soon."

   "Yeah, I get that," I responded taking a bite of my ravioli. We talked about your type of first date things until we finished dinner. Afterwards we walked hand in hand to his car. I didn't get the same feeling I normally did. We got in his car singing along to nirvana and pointing out things on the drive. It wasn't bad for a first date. I never really had a first date with andy, or any to be honest. We just did things together. We were kind of unconventional in a sense. Not that it was bad.

   "Let me walk you to your door," he said a smile on his face. I smiled back nodding. I got out of the car and let him walk me up to the door.

   "Thank you for tonight," I said.

   "Of course," he responded, we stood there for a moment before he kissed me. I kissed him back a little. It felt so weird. I wasn't used to his lips and I didn't get the happy feeling. He pulled away knowing he caught my by surprise. I got on my tip toes and kissed him with whatever I could muster up. He kissed me back as I parted my lips wrapping his arms around my waist. I blindly opened my door as we stumbled in.

-----

   It wasnt the best sex I ever had. That was for sure. I didn't even cum but he didn't need to know that. I thought of Andy the whole time which was terrible of me.

   He laid next to me. "That was... good," he said. I nodded in agreement. We spent a while talking and stuff. I let him spoon me. It was comfortable.

   "I better head out. I've got a dog to feed," he said.

   "Yeah," I said.

   He got up getting dressed. "Hey, um, if you're free tomorrow I've got a concert. I'd like it if you could come."

   "Yeah I'm free. That sounds nice."

   "Great I'll text you about it," he said. He leaned over and kissed me. I kissed him back and watched as he left. How did I even feel about him?

   I lit a cigarette and pressed play on the CD player. Listening to Andy's sweet voice sing as I sank back into my bed. I kept smoking finishing the reminder of my pack before I fell asleep. I dreamt of Andy that night. His smiles and him angry even, like a replay of the last year.