87

Krystal

"This is some shit, to be honest," I said staring off at the tombstone, with andy next to me holding Royal. I glanced at him, his washed-out black dye leaving his hair a weird color with his blonde roots showing. I need to fix his hair.

I tried not to concentrate on the fact I was at the grave of my dad that I forgot died, with my baby who wasn't old enough to have teeth to chew.

"Cherry's here," he said looking over his shoulder as my blonde sister I barely know came up to us. she came to visit us in the hospital after I woke up.

"we'll let's get this party started," I said sarcastically. she brought her partner with her. I wasn't sure if they were a boy or a girl but I knew their name was Blake. the convince store bag twisted in my hands while I waited for them to approach. the brunette with cropped hair shook my hand introducing themself as cherry's girlfriend. okay, cherry's a lesbian noted.

Andy awkwardly shook her hand too and gave cherry a hug. I gave her one too before she tickled royal. She placed down the flowers she brought for our dad.

"you know, mom wanted to come," she told me.

"did she say it?"

"no, but in her own way she did."

"I'm sure," I muttered, I reached in the bag and pulled out the canned beers. "bottom's up," I said passing one to her and the other to blake. I'm sure they weren't old enough to drink at the way they stood there. I opened one for Andy so he could sip while babying royal. I made me laugh a little how easily he took on the dad role.

"you drink around her?" Blake asked.

"she can't even see colors," I shrugged.

"We however don't smoke in front of her," he said quickly, Andy was always worried about other people thinking he was a bad father. He always said shit like 'my dad led a good example and I just wanna be as good as him, blah blah blah'

Sometimes I teased him about how serious he was, however maybe he was right to be serious. Maybe I'm not serious enough. Andy locked eyes with me, he could tell paranoid thoughts were pulling up on me. He squeezed my shoulder, pulling me into his chest with his free arm.

I took royal from him, kissing her head. "Royal, this is your grandpa," I told her, "well not him, him, but where his decaying parts... Andy how do you talk to babies?" I asked trailing off.

"It's okay, baby, it's not the easiest," he muttered kissing my forehead, and tickling Royals nose.

Blake spoke out what was supposed to be a whisper. "Straight people are so weird," I laughed seeing her face flush, and cherry nudge her.

"Can I hold her?" Cherry asked me, I nodded. I carefully placed Royal in Cherry's arms. She excitedly coo'd at royal, "I'm your Aunty cherry, and this is Blakey," she said in a baby voice turning royal to Blake who was holding both their beer.

She leaned over weirdly, "uh, hi," she mumbled sticking out her finger and poking royals cheek. She grabbed onto blake's finger. "Cherry, Cherry, its holding me what do I do with it?" She whispered quickly. Andy chuckled a bit and I couldn't help but giggle a bit my self. Blake was really awkward and kind of weird to me, but in a cute way, kinda like Andy when I met him.

"She likes to grab fingers and shirts, I don't know why but I guess she's just trying out her tiny hands," Andy said as he continued to blubber, trying to fill the silence. I squeezed his hand planting a small kiss on his shoulder.