81

Andy

"What does that mean?" I asked, we had come for Krystal's third trimester check up. She looked panicked from the words that came from the doctor.

"Well, there's a tear which means the fetus is loosing fluid, we'd need an emergency cesarean-"

"But shes only 33 weeks? What does that mean for Royal?" I asked, squeezing Krystal's had. She hadn't been doing too good, she pushed the ultrasound sooner because something felt off. Apparently, this confirmed her worry. She went pale but she spoke, "Andy please stop talking," she told me.

I silenced my self, staring Krystal in her eyes.

A wirl wind of things played out, Krystal was in a day room, steroids being injected into her. I had called Ashley and he came to the hospital. He was staying with Krystal right now, and I was outside calling my parents. They wouldn't pick up so I left them a text, I ran back, Krystal was being pumped with steroids and shit to prepare her for the C section.

"I hate this," she said to me with a sad smile.

I held her hand, she look so distraught. I probably wasn't feeling half of what she was. I mumbled a small, "I know."

"You should've wrapped your dick," she chuckled.

"Don't say that," I mumbled, the midwife and doctor were talking before the doctor came over.

"We're moving you to the operation room, would you like anyone to come?" The doctor asked her, Krystal looked at me.

"Andy?" She questioned.

I nodded, "of course."

-----

It was more or less terrifying to watch, I was scared for Krystal the moment the cut her open.

"Does it hurt?" I asked her, shifting in the scrubs and fucking around with the gloves.

She pursed her lips thinking of a reply, "no but it feels weird."

It was really gross seeing all the blood, it was like 100ft of gauze. The doctor said something about fluids, blood, and excessiveness.

I wanted to say something but before I could the doctor was deep in Krystal and out came a small, white colored baby. Our baby. She was crying, something good. They confirmed Royal to be a girl, and whatever else.

"Ask to cut the cord," Krystal told me. I was so distracted I forgot about that.

I spoke up, "Can I cut the cord?" Next thing I knew I was holding a pair of scissors, snipping the umbilical cord. She was fussing, I touched her little hand, god she was so tiny. "Hi, Royal," I mumbled with a smile.

"Can I hold her?" Krystal asked, she was watching the whole time, the doctor placed her with Krystal. Tears were streaming down her face. "Hi," she said in a small voice, holding and touching her delicately. We were smiling looking at her, next to eachother. Royal opened her eyes a little, "Andy she has your eyes," she mumbled, they were blue, but she could barely open them.

I didn't notice anything wrong with Krystal for a moment, until she was finding it hard to breathe.

"Her blood pressure is dropping," A nurse said, trying not to sound concerned. That happy moment was gone in a second.

_____