78

Andy

we ignored christmas as we have for the last few years, treating it like some stupid holiday like valentines day or something. We were going in today for another ultrasound, she was at 18 weeks now, it was my birthday present to find out their gender. She let me have the aux cord this time, so I annoyed her with some "weird punk" music. I switched it to the misfits, i hummed along, driving and glancing at Krystal.

it was going so good, I had been making progress in the out of patient and just being better overall. Krystal lived in my clothes, I was taking her to get maternity wear one day but she refused, hogged my sweatpants and tees.

I watched in familiarity as the doctor rubbed the thingy on Krystal's belly. Holy fuck its big.

"wow," she mumbled, staring at the screen.

"Your baby seems to be healthy, in tiptop shape."

"What's their sex?" Krystal asked, the doctor chuckled.

"I was getting to that, do both of you wish to know?" The doctor asked, we nodded, "who's hoping for which?"

I smiled, "Krystal thinks they're a boy, but I think she's a girl," I said, "If I'm right I name her, If Krystal is right then she names him."

She chuckled, "Well looks like daddy's naming her."

A huge smile settled on my face, holy fuck we're having a baby girl. I looked at Krystal, who was just as surprised as I. she smiled too as I mumbled to myself, "Happy birthday to me."

The doctor smiled, "well what a wonderful gift then."

We finished the appointment and head back home, we talked about baby names on the ride home. I wanted to think about it longer and I wanted to make sure it was something Krystal would like too.

When we got home the guys were waiting outside our apartment. We let them in, Krystal turned on some music, which was Nirvana, as expected.

"Happy birthday man," CC hugged me. I chuckled saying thanks.

"Since you can drink now, this won't be illegal," Ashley stuck a jack daniels out to me. I grinned, just cause I don't do crack doesn't mean I don't drink a little alcohol.

"Thank you," I chuckled, accepting it.

"So..." CC trailed off, I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Are you having a boy or not!?" Jake chimed in. They we're rooting for a boy, so was Krystal, but the 50/50 was in my favor, I was gonna have a little girl. I don't know why I wanted a daughter so bad, most guys wanted a son. 

"I won the bet," I grinned, CC groaned, the four forked over 10 dollars each. 

Krystal glared at us, "Did you really make a bet on my pregnancy?" 

"I'll buy you whatever you want that's forty dollars or less," I compromised.

"My body back," she joked, i opened my arm, putting it around her shoulder. I kissed her head, though she ment it as a joke, seeing her body change so drastically was hard on her.

we called my parents after the guys left and told them. We settled into bed afterwards, listening to music. "I love this song," Krystal mumbled, half asleep. I listened closely to the lyrics, one certain word giving me an epiphany.

"Royal," I mumbled to myself, that would be perfect.

_____