18

"So is Hannah your rebound or something?" Krystal asked casually, I hoped maybe she was a little jealous.

   I was a bit suprised, i glanced over to hannah. I knew she was only with Me to make trace jealous and the same for me to make Krystal jealous. "What?"

   She was going to speak again but the bartender tapped her on the shoulder. "From the guys down there," he said, scooting her a rum and cola. I looked with her and noticed a guy a bit taller than me, stubble, dark eyes and skin nodding his head.

   "No," she responded pointedly, giving it back to the bartender. she was extremely unsettled, her mood going from good to sour really fast. "I'm leaving," she said quickly to me. She was speedy to get off the stool, but my arms were long and i was just as fast.

   "Hey Krystal, whats wrong?" I asked grabbing her arm. She shook her head, I still held onto her arm, "Krystal."

   "It's stupid, I'm calling a cab, I'm fine," she told me.

   "No, I'll take you home," I told her.

   "Weren't you drinking?" She asked

   I shook my head "I'm not drunk, I'll take you home, but let me tell Hannah first."

   "I... sure," she nodded, I took her hand and pulled her along with me as I went to talk with Hannah. Krystal stood a couple feet away as I told Hannah that'd I'd take Krystal home.

   "Come on," I said putting my arm around her shoulder. I had a feeling the guy gave her the creeps and i didn't want her to feel unsafe. She glanced at my arm but didn't say or do anything, just walked with me. We got in my car, and i started it up. The A.C. started blasting with low music in the background. Once we were on the road i tried totalk to her.

   "Why'd that guy freak you out?" I asked her. She shook her head in response, crossing her arms. "Come on you can trust me," I said, rubbing her shoulder a little.

   "He looked like me ex," she muttered, "and I fucking hate him."

   "What happened?" I asked her softly. She picked at her nails.

   "Well, he was an asshole," she said, "he, uh, cheated on me and manipulated me into staying, I'd given up alot of my life for him, running away to Wyoming."

   I chewed on my bottom lip, it was starting to make sense as to why she she felt how she does. Why she hates cheating, why it seemed like sh was running away. "Is that why you had a different name on the poster?"

   She nodded, "I was almost 19 when he made me pickup and move there with him. I changed it for a while, I undid it though when i started my plan to runaway again."

   She seemed a little more than just uncomfortable in the bar, maybe even a bit scared. I couldn't stop my self from asking or feeling heated. "did he hit you?"

   She hesitantly nodded, "only twice."

   I felt my blood burn and rush as I gripped the steering wheel tightly. My knuckles turned white as all my anger built up.

   "Andy pull over," she said.

  "I dont need to," I said through my teeth.

   "I'm not getting in a fucking car crash with you because you're angry. Pull over Andy," she nearly shouted. I huffed swerving the car to the side, pulling over, but something popped on my tire.

   "What the fuck," I grunted, stopping my car. Krystal rolled her eyes.

   "Great," she said, hitting her head against the dashboard.

_____